3DxVirtualLCD Unhandled Exception

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jmcbee

3DxVirtualLCD Unhandled Exception

Post by jmcbee »

I have looked at several different post about this error and they seem to all say different things than mine. How do I correct my issue. It appears a uninstall and re-install doesnt work.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (177.89 KiB) Viewed 6160 times
UtaSH

Re: 3DxVirtualLCD Unhandled Exception

Post by UtaSH »

Hi jmcbee,

it seems that some settings might be messed up or broken. Please follow the instructions from this FAQ.

Let us know if this fixed the issue.
luping

Post by luping »

jmcbee wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:04 am I have looked at several different post about this error and they seem to all say different things than mine. How do I correct my issue. It appears a uninstall and re-install doesnt work.
From what I see in your screenshot, there's a problem with your Microsoft .net framework, probably you need to install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 to your windows 7 sp1 system.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... etfx35.exe

Give it a try, and tell me the final result.
jmcbee

Post by jmcbee »

I will give this a try today and will let you know.
mark user

Post by mark user »

Did this work? I have the same error.
ddschneider1972

Post by ddschneider1972 »

I received that error yesterday opening Lumion after updating my driver yesterday morning. I can't even use the 3D mouse in Lumion but it prevented it from running properly. Once I uninstalled it, Lumion opened fine and worked fine. It would take 15 minutes to open a file and as long to insert objects. Not great when crunching on a deadline. I uninstalled everything and it worked. Now I have a $100 paperweight!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (32.37 KiB) Viewed 5354 times
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi ddschneider1972,

for the Lumion problem I am afraid you have to contact Lumion. It seems they do not support our 3D mouse devices. :( See here.
Lumion is not currently included in the list of programs that provide support for our devices.

In order to use it with 3Dconnexion devices, support for 3D devices would need to be added inside their software.

For specific applications that use a plug-in or add-on such as SolidWorks or 3dsMax, the software that allows it to work with our devices is developed by 3Dconnexion. The majority of applications with 3D support, have added 3D device recognition inside their software and do not use 3Dconnexion software for navigation. These applications use only the basic 3Dconnexion device driver.

Adding 3D device support to an application is determined by the application developer rather than by 3Dconnexion. We have an SDK [Development Kit] which any software developer can download at no cost and which allows the integration of 3D device support in proprietary software. Please see here for more details.

We advise our customers to contact the Customer Service of applications that are lacking support and request it be added in future versions of their software. The decision to include 3D support in their development schedule is often influenced by the level of customer interest.
But the error message for the Unhandled Exception should obviously not happen. Have you verified if removing the existing settings - as described here - solves the issue?