3DConnexion Drivers for MAC OS Catalina?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

O_Pablo

Re: 3DConnexion Drivers for MAC OS Catalina?

Post by O_Pablo »

Any sounds about the new driver for macOS Catalina?
My suggestions for the future, maybe you should be interested in preparing a new driver with starting the beta version?
You offer a great device, but the lack of support for the new version of the operating system for almost a month since is very frustrating.
UtaSH wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:17 am Hi marcel_911,

macOS Catalina isn't yet released. We don't support beta software.
You offer a great device, but the lack of support for the new version of the operating system for almost a month since is very frustrating.
Regards,
Paul
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

O_Pablo wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:39 am My suggestions for the future, maybe you should be interested in preparing a new driver with starting the beta version?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I’ve lost all my hopes with 3Dconnexion...
fnxf_scewo

Post by fnxf_scewo »

UtaSH wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:40 am Hi all,

we are currently testing our next release of 3DxWareMac. Depending on the results of the testing phase we will publish this version, which will include official support for maxOS 10.15 (Catalina).
When do you expect to be done with the testing phase?
Indyjet1

Post by Indyjet1 »

Please let us know when Catalina will be supported. This is a problem.
Indyjet1

Post by Indyjet1 »

Any updates on this. Very frustrating !
sakumar

Post by sakumar »

I read user mariocha's comment on this thread from October 22 that his 3dconnexion device is working on Catalina.
I just unplugged/plugged in my spacenavigator and it is working on MacOS Catalina 10.15! I didn't have to do any 3dconnexion driver update.

Oh, and I only use it for Autodesk Fusion 360 -- for which it is now working -- can't say much about other apps.
O_Pablo

Post by O_Pablo »

mariocha wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:41 pm I just installed Catalina and my Space Navigator works just fine. :D
I guess Apple corrected something.
Ha,
the problem is that, time to time macOS Catalina on my MBP (Mid 2015) is recognized SpaceMouse for notebooks, and is working well, but after restart computer system again not recognize the device.

Regards
Paul
uprightgumby

Post by uprightgumby »

Had this same issue. Re-installed current 3DxWare 10 for macOS and restarted. One thing to note, and this has been a recurring problem with Apple for some time, you must unplug your USB Space Mouse and plug it in again for it to work. Maddening, but it works.

MACOS 10.15 Catalina

Good luck!
O_Pablo

Post by O_Pablo »

Apple updated macOS Catalina to 10.15.1 version. Old driver now work properly but run slowly :wink:
Regards
Paul
roger

Post by roger »

with or without driver? I tried with driver a few weeks ago and it didn't work without driver it works basically.
Alex100

Post by Alex100 »

Still no luck here. MacBook Pro with Catalina 10.15.1 with a usb SpaceNavigator. 3DxWare 10.6.3.

The Spacenavigator will move the pointer and the ring light is on, but it's not recognised by 3Dconnexion control panel which just says no device found.

Any ideas?
blaiseb@mac.com

Post by blaiseb@mac.com »

I have installed Mac OS Catalina today with updates to 10.15.1 and I confirm that the wired version of the space navigator is working fine. In Fusion 360 anyway. Also, before Catalina, I needed to disconnect/reconnect de USB wire for the 3D mouse to be recognized after computer restart. Now, no need so I'm quite pleased!

- Blaise
xyzt

Post by xyzt »

O_Pablo wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:09 pm Apple updated macOS Catalina to 10.15.1 version. Old driver now work properly but run slowly :wink:
Regards
Paul
Hi, I had the same problem.
I Installed Catalina 10.15.1 after I saw that 3DxWareMac_v10-6-4_r3069 was released, claiming to be Catalina Compatible.
But After I upgraded and installed v10-6-4_r3069, my SpaceMouse Enterprise didn't show up.
(My CadMouse did show up in the System Preference -> 3dConnexion)

Inspired by the above post I started trying older drivers and here are my findings:
After downgrading the driver to 3DxWareMac_v10-6-3_r2986 (didn't solve the problem)
I again downgraded to 3DxWareMac_v10-6-3_r2986 and it Worked. So I can Confirm that this older driver is working in Catalina.
The SpaceMouse Enterprise shows up in System Preference -> 3dConnexion and it works in Sketchup And Fusion again.
I haven't fully tested if it works as in Mojave, but at first use it feels normal.

Hope this wil help someone with the same problem and for 3dconnexion its maybe a clue to why its not working in the lastert drivers.

Regards,
xyzt
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

we have published 3DxWareMac 10.6.4 on Nov 3rd. Please download this version for macOS 10.15. In case you still have problems I recommend the following procedure:
  • Uninstall any 3Dconnexion driver software.
  • Reboot the machine.
  • Install 3DxWare 10.6.4.
  • Reboot.
Make sure you follow the instructions from this FAQ as well.
graemef

Post by graemef »

Hi,

I am running a 2018 MacMini with Mojave and have both a SpaceMouse and CADMouse. Following the steps outlined in the previous post I upgraded to 10.6.4 but the left hand button of he CADMouse is not functioning. SpaceMouse works fine.

I have tried a couple of times uninstalling/reinstalling but the problem persists. The only time I can get it to work is when I downgrade to 10.6.1

Any suggestions for fixing the left hand button on the CADMouse using 10.6.4 or should I permanently run 10.6.1 - at least until I upgrade to Catalina.

Thanks...

Graeme