Spacepilot View Problems

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

bradleyrose

Spacepilot View Problems

Post by bradleyrose »

Hello,

I'm having intermittent problems with my SpacePilot view keys in solidworks. The F,L,T,R keys sometimes don't work while the "Fit" and "3DLock" keys consistently work just fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
luping

Re: Spacepilot View Problems

Post by luping »

bradleyrose wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:32 am Hello,

I'm having intermittent problems with my SpacePilot view keys in solidworks. The F,L,T,R keys sometimes don't work while the "Fit" and "3DLock" keys consistently work just fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Maybe you use these keys quite often on a daily basis and the keyboard switches just wore out? The keyboard switches used on 3Dconnexion SpacePilot Pro is not long-life switches, it was designed to be short-lived ones(design life), so people can buy new ones or models after several years of use to generate new money flow to support 3Dconnexion to continue develop new versions of 3DxWare driver as well as new models of 3Dconnexion devices. This is a common practice of business. I suspect your SpacePilot Pro is out of warranty, so try replace the dud keyboard switches in your SpacePilot Pro with some long-life mechanical switches. Search it on google and you'll know how to replace keyboard switches.

If you don't know how to do it, it's time for you to invest on a new 3Dconnexion device.
UtaSH

Re: Spacepilot View Problems

Post by UtaSH »

bradleyrose wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:32 am Hello,

Hi bradleyrose,

the SpacePilot is now end-of-life sine more than 9 years. See here. Sounds like it's time to upgrade your 3D mouse to a newer one. :wink: