driver update

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

sat

driver update

Post by sat »

Hello,

Beginning of auguast 2019 we had the driver number 10,6,2 but now we go back to 10,6,0,

does the new driver 10,6,2 have any issue with catia

thanks
sat
luping

Re: driver update

Post by luping »

No, there's no obvious issue with 3DxWare 10.6.2 for CATIA v5 in my view. If you have the 3DxWare v10.6.2 installer in your PC, install it. Or go back to v10.6.0, it also works on CATIA v5.
Guille

Post by Guille »

With 3DxWare 10.6.2 I had many problems of selection on 3DMax 2017 SP3, for example, If I created an object, then, I couldn't deselect it, please rest assured this was not due to the lock that locks the selection, so I returned to 10.6.0.
The Space Mouse is great but the drivers and the software are far behind, every time I use it I cry for more stable use or more compatibility, such as mudbox, zbrush, Substance Painter, Mari, etc,etc,etc ...
Guille

Post by Guille »

And he added because you can't edit the post either ...
Honestly did not inform myself well at the time of purchase, I thought I could move anything but the truth that today due to this I give very little use, it is a waste of device that has a lot of potential and make little, really if I knew it was like that, I didn't buy it.
luping

Post by luping »

Guille wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:32 pm And he added because you can't edit the post either ...
Honestly did not inform myself well at the time of purchase, I thought I could move anything but the truth that today due to this I give very little use, it is a waste of device that has a lot of potential and make little, really if I knew it was like that, I didn't buy it.
Usually people needs at least 21 days to form a new habit, it's backed by scientific research by Dr. Maxwell Maltz.
In this case, you need to learn to use entry level 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse(Compact or Wireless) and form the habit of using your left hand to get used to 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse, even though to hands on SpaceMouse is quite intuitive and straightforward. It takes even more days to get used to SpaceMouse Enterprise, it has 31 keys, probably 90 days or so. Frankly speaking, the device is a huge time-saver, and the balance of left/right hands usage prevent you from repetitive strain injury.

As for the driver 3DxWare, yep, it's bit buggy. The driver developers are busying testing compatibility issues with various applications to ensure smooth usage experience by end-users.
Guille

Post by Guille »

I agree with you about the habit but the question is how I form a new habit of ​​use if I can only use it with two or three programs?
1_3DMax, 2_Maya, 3_Autocad and some Google... but on the other hand I have Mudbox 2019, Zbrush, UvLayout, Substance Painter, Mari, Marmoset, Rizom Uv and others 3D programs (to name just a few) spacemouse doesn't work, that's what I meant, it's a shame that it's not completely compatible like a normal mouse.
If you buy a car but it only works in your neighborhood, no routes, no highways, no dirt road you can never develop the driving habit because if you have to take public transport to go to the city, you will finally end up walking through your neighborhood .
luping

Post by luping »

Guille wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:50 am I agree with you about the habit but the question is how I form a new habit of ​​use if I can only use it with two or three programs?
1_3DMax, 2_Maya, 3_Autocad and some Google... but on the other hand I have Mudbox 2019, Zbrush, UvLayout, Substance Painter, Mari, Marmoset, Rizom Uv and others 3D programs (to name just a few) spacemouse doesn't work, that's what I meant, it's a shame that it's not completely compatible like a normal mouse.
If you buy a car but it only works in your neighborhood, no routes, no highways, no dirt road you can never develop the driving habit because if you have to take public transport to go to the city, you will finally end up walking through your neighborhood .
The 3Dconnexion developers claimed that the software vendors should integrate the 3Dconnexion 3DxWare SDK/API into their applications to interact with the 3Dconnexion spacemouse device. In your example, you have the car, but the roads are not built by car manufacturer, instead the roads are built by construction developers.
Intuos

Post by Intuos »

Guille wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:50 am I agree with you about the habit but the question is how I form a new habit of ​​use if I can only use it with two or three programs?
For Mudbox 2019 there is a customer ticket open for the devs in Germany, however I haven't heard anything for the last week. Also you should head over to the area forum and let your voice be heard there as well.

To my knowledge Zbrush won't receive support anytime soon. For Substance Painter I recall reading that it's in the works. The site shows backlog low priority tho, check and vote here.