spacetraveler3 and sketchup 2016.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

sontung

spacetraveler3 and sketchup 2016.

Post by sontung »

Hello

I recently aquired a used Spacetraveler3. I´m trying to set it up to work with Sketchup 2016, however this seems to be an impossible task.
Is there any way to get this "mouse" to work with sketchup? (any version) ?
UtaSH

Re: spacetraveler3 and sketchup 2016.

Post by UtaSH »

Hello sontung,

the SpaceTraveler is quite an old device. It is out of software support since May 2009. See here. The last available driver for the SpaceTraveler is 3DxSoftware 3.7.22 which you can dowenload here. But this driver version is from 2009 and at this time there was no support for SketchUp 2016. I don't know if SketchUp at all (any version) was supported in 2009. Sorry.
luping

Re: spacetraveler3 and sketchup 2016.

Post by luping »

sontung wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:36 am Hello

I recently aquired a used Spacetraveler3. I´m trying to set it up to work with Sketchup 2016, however this seems to be an impossible task.
Is there any way to get this "mouse" to work with sketchup? (any version) ?
You have to invest smartly on the current generation of 3Dconnexion spacemouse series, it comes with many years of 3DxWare driver updates. The manufacturing cost of a SpaceMouse Compact is only a small portion of the price you'll invest, the big portion comes from the cost of 3DxWare driver application constant development, people write the software code and people update the software code. 3Dconnexion also has to pay for the patent fees to USPTO(United States Patent and Trademark Office) and other patent systems in other countries to maintain a market competitive edge.

Yet in order to have a 3DxWare driver working for you in the many years to come, you have to buy the 3Dconnexion devices. This is the reason I bought several 3Dconnexion devices.