3d connexion problem, part won't move smoothly

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

WilliamTi

3d connexion problem, part won't move smoothly

Post by WilliamTi »

Hello everybody!
So i have 3D connexion wireless spacemouse and that worked well on my previous laptop. But with my new computer, the mouse does not work in the desired way. The part does not move smoothly and get stuck all the time. No matter how big part or assembly is being dealt with, and if i move part with my original logitech mx master mouse, everything is ok and parts and assemblys move smoothly, so something is wrong on my 3D-mouse but what it is? My computer specs are: intel i7-8700k, asus prime-p,nvidia quadro p4000 etc.. I have the latest drivers on mouse and quadro p4000. There is link below to youtube where you see the problem. Thank you for help!
UtaSH

Re: 3d connexion problem, part won't move smoothly

Post by UtaSH »

Hello WilliamTi,

please let us know which 3D application you are using the SpaceMouse with.
And which driver version is installed?
9tenths

Post by 9tenths »

I have recently been frustrated by the same problem... I am running SolidWorks 2018 SP5 with the latest graphics (Nvidia 419.67) and 3Dconnexion (10.5.14) drivers on a SpaceMouse Enterprise (thought the problem occurs on a SpaceMouse Pro too). Motion is choppy on all parts and assemblies except under the following conditions:

1) I do not move my mouse (3Dconnexion CADmouse) while using the SpaceMouse - pan, zoom, rotation is perfectly smooth.
2) I disable the 3Dcontrol add-in but do not click OK - same perfect movement. This certainly makes it seem like the SW add-in is the culprit.

Other notes:
- This problem is unique to SolidWorks - at least on my system. Models in SpaceClaim pan, rotate and zoom smoothly. Same goes for the 3Dconnexion viewer
- Using the same SpaceMouse on another computer does not present the problem - movement is smooth.

I guess for now, I will try to not use my mouse while using the SpaceMouse... but I am hoping for a fix to what appears to be a persistent problem.
AustinM

Post by AustinM »

I have the same issue and spending hours to find a solution but couldn't.
AustinM

Post by AustinM »

aalsalihi

Post by aalsalihi »

Hello AustinM,

There is an option “Disable Dynamic Highlighting” in the “Advanced Settings” of the driver (tab “Other Options”). You should toggle and check if its going to make any difference. Solidworks need to be open in order to toggle the option
CSCboats

Post by CSCboats »

I am having a laggy screen when moving model with space mouse. I work with Rhino 6.

Here is my system info
Rhino 6 SR13 2019-2-27 (Rhino 6, 6.13.19058.371, Git hash:master @ 17cd8b51accbe17dd04b48028f49d5e77a67f17b)
License type: Commercial, build 2019-02-27
License details: Cloud Zoo. In use by: Clint Chase ()

Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 24Gb)
Machine name: CCBB

Non-hybrid graphics.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 (NVidia) Memory: 2GB, Driver date: 3-17-2019 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 419.67

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 3-17-2019
Driver Version: 25.21.14.1967
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 2 GB
CSCboats

Post by CSCboats »

How does one get into the driver?
aalsalihi

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi CSboats,

Regarding Rhino 6 lagging issue, You could try to Switch off auto rotation center (3Dconnexion icon in the systray -> Open 3Dconnexion Properties -> Advanced Settings: Uncheck Auto) which will then make the 3Dmouse use the Rhino target for rotation,

or

In Rhino: Set View ->Top (3DMouse treats the file as a 2D file and doesn’t calculate the rotation center).

You can also visit Rhino forum to check the work around for this issue: https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/rhino6-l ... e/60866/34

Thanks,
Abdul. A
mak

Post by mak »

I have the same issue with SpaceMouse / CadMouse. The problem appears in wireless mode only, using Windows 10. I'm using Fusion 360.

Basically the movement of the objects in Fusion 360 is choppy. Sometimes it freezes to the point that it is unusable. This is particularly visible with SpaceMouse, but also CadMouse seems not to be perfectly smooth. If I switch to wired under Windows 10 or start using Mac OS (even wireless) all is working perfectly.

My computer is quite power full. It can easily move objects when using ordinary mouse.

What I have noticed is that when the movement is choppy 3DxProfileServer.exe process is using CPU heavily.

Any advise how to solve this problem? I already reinstalled the drivers. I'm running 3DxWare 10.6.0, 3DxWinCore 17.6.0.16266.
gajdos

Post by gajdos »

I have problem with 10.6.0 driver too. In Siemens NX. I have sometimes laggy, when I move with object on screen.
zazz

Post by zazz »

I have the same problem. It started with SW 2018 SP0 and has been there since.

If i right-click on the command manager for a meny, the rotation gets butter smooth again. I can also see the GPU work load increasing dramatically as well. Closing the menu and all gets jerky again. If i open up the sheet metal icon-list (only that icon-list affects the performance negatively), it gets even worse of some of reason. but if i hold the icon-list as if you want to move it, the rotation gets butter smooth again.
happygaru

Post by happygaru »

To solve the problem of a Space Mouse thatlags and glitches, plug te wireless dongle into a USB v3 port (blue), not USB v2.
sudo robot destroy

Post by sudo robot destroy »

I found that the problem is not related to performance of the machine but that my 2D mouse input blocks my 3D mouse's input.

To prove it, get your part smoothly and constantly rotating using just your 3D mouse and no touching your 2D mouse. Now, with your 3D mouse in the same position and part still rotating, quickly start moving your 2D mouse cursor around in a circle repeatedly inside the Solidworks workspace. The rotation will stop until you stop moving the 2D mouse.

Notice that if you move the 2D mouse cursor back and forth in a line the rotation will continue in jerky motions, but the circle motion can fully prevent the rotation. It must be because when doing lines, your cursor comes to a stop for a split second at the end of motion but when doing circles your cursor never stops.

Also notice that if you do circles with the cursor outside of the solidworks window it has no affect, it has to be inside the workspace.

Hopefully this helps narrow down the issue so it can be fixed. I've tried to stop moving my 2D mouse while I'm using my 3D mouse but one of the benefits of using the 3D mouse in my opinion is being able to get my cursor into position, whether on the part or clicking a button, while I orientate the part.
sudo robot destroy

Post by sudo robot destroy »

Also I should say that I'm using the 3Dconnexion CAD mouse and that when I turn the sensor polling rate of the CAD mouse down to 125 Hz this behavior of completely freezing the rotation seems to go away. In fact, if I'm doing the cursor circles in empty space of the workspace the part rotation is smooth. However if I do cursor circles on the part the rotation becomes choppy.