uninstall/reinstall 3DxWare

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

sparky

uninstall/reinstall 3DxWare

Post by sparky »

I am working on setting up a SpacePilot Pro on my computer and am trying to reinstall the driver software to have a clean setup. I am running into an error that I have seen discussed by others here, but I have not found a clear solution. It is this: during uninstallation a dialog box comes up that says "Please insert disk 1 that contains the file layout.bin." It also shows a path to C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\Temp\pft8228.tmp. Uninstallation won't proceed. I have tried to create a log via instructions here: https://www.3dconnexion.com/nc/service/ ... aller.html but it doesn't create any log files. Anyone have any suggestions?
aalsalihi

Re: uninstall/reinstall 3DxWare

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi Sparky,

What's the driver version you running ?

You can run the installer and it will give you a window with (Repair, Modify and Remove). Choose Remove
That might help you to uninstall the driver and avoid the error message

If that didn't help then please navigate to C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore64\3DxDiag and run 3DxDiag.bat
After that click on Collect System Info and that should create a log folder instead.

Test it and let me know.

Regards,
Abdul. A
luping

Re: uninstall/reinstall 3DxWare

Post by luping »

sparky wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:44 am I am working on setting up a SpacePilot Pro on my computer and am trying to reinstall the driver software to have a clean setup. I am running into an error that I have seen discussed by others here, but I have not found a clear solution. It is this: during uninstallation a dialog box comes up that says "Please insert disk 1 that contains the file layout.bin." It also shows a path to C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\Temp\pft8228.tmp. Uninstallation won't proceed. I have tried to create a log via instructions here: https://www.3dconnexion.com/nc/service/ ... aller.html but it doesn't create any log files. Anyone have any suggestions?

Modify your Windows OS' system variables' 'TEMP' and 'TMP' , change the variable value to, e.g., change them all to F:\Temp to shorten the length of the path where 3DxWare will be extracted to during the installation process. It's safe to do so.

Or you can just extract the 3DxWare driver via WinRAR or 7-ZIP, e.g., the latest 3DxWare64_v10-6-2_r3018.exe to root directory of logical disk D and extract the extracted 3DxWare64.exe file again to folder '3DxWare64', then you can proceed with your 3DxWare installation by double click 'setup.exe' in the '3DxWare' folder. It's very easy.
2019-08-10_20h03_41.png
2019-08-10_20h03_41.png (37.33 KiB) Viewed 5923 times