Write custom macros Spacemouse Enterp.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

bogordo

Write custom macros Spacemouse Enterp.

Post by bogordo »

Hi,
I can't record a macro of "Windows+z" in the macro recorder, it does not catch it...is there a possibility to edit/wirte in some config file manually?
Thanks,
jwick

Re: Write custom macros Spacemouse Enterp.

Post by jwick »

It is probably being captured by the system and not forwarded to the GUI. Make a related macro in the GUI (to capture the keys for your particular kb layout) and fix the XML.

E.g., I created a Windows press, Windows release, followed by a z press, release, then edited the XML to fix the order.

You should end up with this (where E3 is the Windows key, and 1D is the Z key -- both of those key codes may be kb layout-specific) :

Code: Select all

<MacroEntry> 
      <ID>windows+z</ID>
      <Sequence>
        <KeyPress>E3</KeyPress>
        <KeyPress>1D</KeyPress>
        <KeyRelease>1D</KeyRelease>
        <KeyRelease>E3</KeyRelease>
      </Sequence>
    </MacroEntry>
The Macro is saved in the MacroTable of the cfg for the application in use. In this case it was in my %APPDATA%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg\MicrosoftEdgle.xml file.
bogordo

Post by bogordo »

Thank you very much, so i would put this code inside "Macrotable" brackets, like this?? (tried stopping and starting driver but nothing appears under Macros when i am in Windows Explorer -i edited the explorer.xml-):

<MacroTable>
<MacroEntry>
<ID>WinVirtualDesk</ID>
<KeyStroke>
<Key>E3</Key>
</KeyStroke>
</MacroEntry>
<MacroEntry>
<ID>windows+z</ID>
<Sequence>
<KeyPress>E3</KeyPress>
<KeyPress>1D</KeyPress>
<KeyRelease>1D</KeyRelease>
<KeyRelease>E3</KeyRelease>
</Sequence>
</MacroEntry>

</MacroTable>
jwick

Post by jwick »

That should work. I copied your xml into my %appdata%/3dconnexion/3dxware/cfg/explorer.xml and it showed up in the GUI while Explorer was in focus.

Make sure to put the XML at the right spot in the cfg file. The easiest way is to use the GUI to make some macro or another. This will start out the XML file with the right syntax. Edit the file in %appdata%.

You can also check the driver's log file to see if it found some xml syntax error in that file.