How to push out a configuration

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

huuanh2811

How to push out a configuration

Post by huuanh2811 »

Okay ... they have a page that talks about being able to:
Customize More Than One Device — for Yourself or Your Team

Easily customize and optimize more than one 3Dconnexion product. With 3DxWare 10, easily select between and customize multiple devices connected to your workstation.

Whether you use more than one mouse or want to optimize your team’s devices, 3DxWare 10 plays well with others.
Okay - so now that I have a setup optimized - how do I push this out to the team’s devices? I can not find anything on this in the forums or their site.

I have found some local cfg files in appdata... C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\3Dconnexion\3DxWare

Thanks for the help...
jwick

Re: How to push out a configuration

Post by jwick »

Hello huuanh2811,

Some more specifics would help me to answer this. I realize that you may not want specifics on the forum. Please feel free to PM me.
Knowing more might help me to improve the solution. And it is a good time to bring that up.

You currently have a few options:
  • You can export/import your settings using our GUI. This is puts your files into a zip file, which you have to copy to the users' machines. Then import.
  • You can modify your 3DxWare installation MSI and redistribute that to everyone.
  • You can override our default cfgs by adding override files to the user's %PROGRAMDATA% dir. Possibly that can come from a network share so you don't have to touch each users' machine.
All of this can be somewhat application-specific, so it would help to know more about your environment.

User customization is generally done through human-readable files (XML). It is a matter of putting the files you want where you need them.