Prefs reset to default, restoration does nothing D:>

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

animaliok

Prefs reset to default, restoration does nothing D:>

Post by animaliok »

I'm using the spacemouse pro with blender and 3DCoat, when a new version of 3d coat is installed and launched, it's usual for the 3dconnexion preferences to reset to default. last time it happened I just restored, it did not work but I kept clicking in 3dcoat for a few minutes and the preferences suddenly re-appeared
(I have lots of radial menus setup, I don't think I could redo them easily by hand as it's a whole lot of shortcuts, that's why I save regularly my preferences files)
Except today when it suddently/randomly restored my prefs while clicking for a few minutes inside 3dcoat, it did not restore the blender ones (because I imported just the 3dCoat ones) so I re-imported my prefs and buttons config, erasing all, but it reset everything to default and it just does not want to make my pref magically re-appear again after a while, the stra,gest thing is I can't even change the default prefs ! if I try to change buttons, it just doe snot want, the default button will replace the one I put as soon as I put it...
anyway I lost a workday and I'm still in deep trouble without these preferences imported again as they should.

TL;DR: pref are all default, they don't want to be edited, importing good ones does nothing.

Thanks for any help !
animaliok

Re: Prefs reset to default, restoration does nothing D:>

Post by animaliok »

It actually only took me an hour to re-enter all my prefs by hand as the radial menus were still there.
But why does restoring preferences does nothing, dos it even save anything in all these preferences files I save ? their size seems to say yes but restoring the button prefs does not change anything.
Thanks