Cannot Install 3DxWARE64

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

loppydog

Cannot Install 3DxWARE64

Post by loppydog »

Hi guys. I just purchased the SpaceMouse Compact. I downloaded the drivers to get it operational, and I am having trouble getting it to work. I made sure I downloaded the correct version, but when it get to the point where it starts the install process, it asks me to insert a disk. It is specifically saying "setup needs the next disk". It looks like it cannot find layout.bin in the temp folder. Any ideas? Thanks!
aalsalihi

Re: Cannot Install 3DxWARE64

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi Loppydog,

We would like to get some installation log files if possible which you could find here https://www.3dconnexion.com/faq/15
Once you have them then create a technical support case for sending the information's for further assistant here https://www.3dconnexion.com/service/tec ... mular.html

Thanks
Abdul. A
loppydog

Post by loppydog »

Thanks Abdul. I will try to get those for you later today. Like I had mentioned on the phone, I can get this installed on another PC, so it is definitely an isolated issue with this particular PC. I can also get some screenshots if that would be helpful.
aalsalihi

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi Loppydog,

Yes will be waiting for your respond to the email i send to you.

Thanks
Abdul. A
loppydog

Post by loppydog »

So I went ahead and tried to create a log with the provided instructions. The Command prompt works and triggered the install, but I cannot find the log on the "C" drive. I never received any emails, so you may not have the correct one. I was going to PM you the correct one, but I was unable to do that.
aalsalihi

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi Loppydog,

If you created a temp folder in "C" drive then all the files should be included there.
For the email, did you check your spam folder ? sometimes email get generated there.

Thanks
Abdul. A
loppydog

Post by loppydog »

I did indeed find the email in the spam folder. As far as the temp files, they don't seem to be there. No matter if I create the temp folder, or if I let the program create it.
aalsalihi

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi Loppydog,

I would like from you to create a folder on your desktop and name it log.
Once that done, try to change the command in CMD. instead of logpath=c:\temp ---> logpath=c:\Users\YourUserName\Desktop\log

Please try it and let me know.

Thanks
Abdul. A
luping

Post by luping »

Why wasting so much time digging this problem in a hard way? Let me show you how to solve this in an easy way:

1, Download 7-zip file archiver software and install it.
2, Right click 3DxWare64_v10-5-15_r2944.exe file and 7-Zip>Extract Here, and you'll see a 3DxWare64.exe file, right click on 3DxWare64.exe and 7-Zip>Extract to "3DxWare64\", then go to the 3DxWare64 folder, right click setup.exe and choose 'Run as administrator' to start the installation process.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

luping wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:25 am Why wasting so much time digging this problem in a hard way? Let me show you how to solve this in an easy way:

2, Right click 3DxWare64_v10-5-15_r2944.exe file and 7-Zip>Extract Here, and you'll see a 3DxWare64.exe file, right click on 3DxWare64.exe and 7-Zip>Extract to "3DxWare64\", then go to the 3DxWare64 folder, right click setup.exe and choose 'Run as administrator' to start the installation process
Because this wouldn't solve the problem you have. You would only workaround it and next time there is an update for the driver you have again problems.
In addition the process described by luping would only install the driver itself and no plugin/addin.
luping

Post by luping »

UtaSH wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:25 am
luping wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:25 am Why wasting so much time digging this problem in a hard way? Let me show you how to solve this in an easy way:

2, Right click 3DxWare64_v10-5-15_r2944.exe file and 7-Zip>Extract Here, and you'll see a 3DxWare64.exe file, right click on 3DxWare64.exe and 7-Zip>Extract to "3DxWare64\", then go to the 3DxWare64 folder, right click setup.exe and choose 'Run as administrator' to start the installation process
Because this wouldn't solve the problem you have. You would only workaround it and next time there is an update for the driver you have again problems.
In addition the process described by luping would only install the driver itself and no plugin/addin.
No, what you stated is not true, check out the screenshot I added in this reply, people with 3Dconnexion device(s) can choose to install the 3DxWare driver and plug-ins/add-ins the way I described before. I managed to install the 3DxWare 10.5.15 and selected plug-ins/add-ins this way. This is an option for me, I don't use the auto update mechanism to check for 3DxWare driver update, I place an very strict anti-big brother firewall policy to prevent outgoing Internet traffic without my approval. Stasi (Ministerium für Staatssicherheit) is not far away.
Attachments
2019-05-29_20h37_10.png
2019-05-29_20h37_10.png (79.56 KiB) Viewed 9733 times