Windows Store App (UWP) problem

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

haraldegger

Windows Store App (UWP) problem

Post by haraldegger »

Good afternoon,

at the moment I am trying to integrate the 3DxWare SDK into a Windows Store app (UWP).

Unfortunately SiInitialize fails with SI_NO_DRIVER (8).
Compiling the same source code in a "traditional" windows application everything works fine, so we can exclude that the driver is not installed or similar issues.

Since it is not the first time struggeling with drivers and UWP i am pretty sure that I need to give my app access to the driver by a registry entry.
So far I have found the following driver entries, but probably I am missing another one:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\USB\VID_046D&PID_C62B\7&17cbbf7f&0&2
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\HID\VID_046D&PID_C62B\8&1b53a5c2&0&0000
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\ROOT\HIDCLASS\0000

It would be great if someone can point out another driver which I am not aware off or even better share his experience with 3DxWare SDK and UWP.

Thank you and best regards
Harald
jwick

Re: Windows Store App (UWP) problem

Post by jwick »

Hello Harald,

Sorry for getting back to you with such a delay.

I'll admit that we don't know what to do with UWP apps yet. The mechanism the driver uses to communicate with applications may not work with such isolated applications.

It is something we are looking at as time permits.

3Dx Software Development
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

It may be that we will to proxy the API data using App Services.
kmoverall

Post by kmoverall »

Has there been any change to this issue since it was posted? We would like to use SpaceNavigator with UWP and haven't even seen the app recognize the controller's existence.
boblevy8

Post by boblevy8 »

Any progress on this?

UWP is Microsoft's intended dev platform for writing software, so it should be a high priority for you guys selling devices...

Thanks,
Bob