Did recent windows 10 update wreck my center of rotation in Creo???

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Pilot_Pro

Did recent windows 10 update wreck my center of rotation in Creo???

Post by Pilot_Pro »

Recently did a Windows 10 update and noticed my center of rotation doesn't behave as before.

Previously I would tell creo my desired center of rotation in the screen by middle mouse clicking at a location of interest and then my spacepilot would take over on that exact location.

After the windows update my center of rotation is now in the middle of creo graphics screen no matter what. Went thru all settings in creo and nothing seems out of ordinary. Checked with a few coworkers and we all have the same behavior. The only change is the windows update.
I even updated to latest spacepilot drivers and it is still the same. Another thing is there is also some weird dot appearing when I'm rotating with my spacepilot. It is a red dot with a black border and it is not aligned with the center of the graphics screen.

The windows update I'm suspecting that caused it is: KB4493464 but there were several updates this month so I guess any of them could have caused it.
Attached is the image of recent updates.

Using Creo 3.0 build 170

Spacepilot info:
SpacePilot PRO (FW: 4.11)
3DxWare 10.5.14
3DxWin 17.5.14.16045

I'm hoping someone from 3Dconnexion has some insight into this.

Are there any 3Dconnexion software settings that I may be missing?

Cheers!
Attachments
Windows Updates 04-2019.JPG
Windows Updates 04-2019.JPG (238.29 KiB) Viewed 3894 times
UtaSH

Re: Did recent windows 10 update wreck my center of rotation in Creo???

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Pilot_Pro,

the issue you are experiencing is the I3Dn, the new feature in Creo - implemented by PTC - that the rotation point is calculated automatically once you release the knob of the 3D mouse to the optimal center of rotation of your screen. What is still missing is the possibility to set the center of rotation manually. Unfortunately this is something that only PTC can add to Creo. Please address the problem with PTC's support team. Let us know if you get news from them.

FYI: the I3DN had been added to creo with the versions Creo 3 M160 + Creo 4 M040 and Creo 5 F000. So I assume that you had an update of Creo as well. ;)
Pilot_Pro

Re: Did recent windows 10 update wreck my center of rotation in Creo???

Post by Pilot_Pro »

Thanks for your reply!

I really appreciate it.
To answer your question we did a creo update from M080 to M170 about a month ago. So that probably explains it.
The strange thing is I didn't notice the the change until I did the windows update. Perhaps I wasn't paying enough attention.

Anyhow, I will raise the issue at the PTC user forum. Quick glance there shows no one else complaining so I may be the only one annoyed.

Thanks again!