SpaceNav Driver installed on MBP only work at certain physical locations -why?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Skate Foss

SpaceNav Driver installed on MBP only work at certain physical locations -why?

Post by Skate Foss »

Updated my MacBookPro to Mojave. I use my MacBook at 2 different locations wit a Space Navigator at each. At one location, its as if the drivers were never installed, while at the other location, the same program (which is installed on the MacBookPro) sees the driver and the Space Navigator works! While at the other location, the software does not see the driver at all. This is so frustrating. Everything is loaded and installed on the same MacBookPro. I had thought it was that one Space Navigator was old or broken, but when I took the one from the location that worked to the location where the driver is not seen, the working SpaceNav did not work! This is so frustrating, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
UtaSH

Re: SpaceNav Driver installed on MBP only work at certain physical locations -why?

Post by UtaSH »

Hello SkateFoss,

this is really odd what you describe. :?
Note that we have special installation instructions for macOS 10.14 - Mojave. Please see FAQ #1141 for the instructions. Verify if the kernel extension is allowed.

Are yaou using the same user when using the MBP at the dofferent locations? Or do you use a different login?
Skate Foss

Re: SpaceNav Driver installed on MBP only work at certain physical locations -why?

Post by Skate Foss »

Thank you, Im the only one who uses this MacBookPro. This morning, 11/7/2018, Apple posted an update for Mojave, after installing the update, I saw the option for the SpaceNav for a moment in the application and then crashed. When I restarted, it was gone. Very frustrating, but I think its an OS issue now because of what just happened.
Skate Foss

Post by Skate Foss »

I read the link you posted, ty. I opened the Security and Privacy window in System Preferences and added in Privacy to the window 'Allow the apps to control your computer' window;
3Dconnexion Pairing
3DxNLServer
-Those were the only 'kernals' that I found to add. My SpaceNavigator still is not seen by the SecondLife Application. Is there something else I must add? Thank you
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi SkateFoss,

Second Life is a special case. note that we do not list it [url=http://www.3dconnexion.com/solutions]as supported application[\url] due to problems with the navigation. You need to contact LindenLab's support for help here. Sorry.