Space mouse - custom rotation mappings

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

vertigo262

Space mouse - custom rotation mappings

Post by vertigo262 »

I was wondering if there was a way to assign custom rotations to software

I noticed that the Driver is written to support certain applications, and some are not supported. Also locking in the rotations
But I am wondering if I can do custom mappings for what I want the rotations to do

Example, lets say I have a non supported video editor. Or even one supported but I want to change the rotation functionality.
So lets say I want a left and right rotation for scrubbing in the video editor. Or maybe a left or right tilt.

Is their a way, just like the buttons and radial menus that this can be done so that I can assign the rotations, not only for xyz 3D space, but to use more like a Microsoft Dial which would be a lot more powerful due to the amount of axis rotations providing a lot more ability to do different things?

Is this possible?
vertigo262

Re: Space mouse - custom rotation mappings

Post by vertigo262 »

HERROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd think this question would be taken seriously? What if you could customize SpaceMouse to do the things that Microsoft Dial does in Photoshop and more! Or be used to pan around your web browser, or used for Audio Scrubbing, or used for pan and zoom in paint programs?

I can't imagine why this question would be ignored, because their is MAGIC in all my ideas! that is why the WORLD steals each and every one of them at the beginning as you know!

WAKE UP! I think this is a great idea. Because Dial is completely limited to what the programmers build in the software limiting it. 3D Connect has the right idea making the buttons completely customization to do ANYTHING YOU WANT!

but the knob on the other hand, seems limited to what 3D connect builds in the drivers to support some software packages, and mostly 3D. Why not do what you did for the buttons with the knob. Then we could customize it to ALL APPS!

Just a really good thought that I would think 3D connect would be jumping in! glad I can share some of my GENIUS with you since my life was destroyed with 40 years of WORLDWIDE lies, smears defamation, and slander stopping me from having a life.

But yet I've just opened up a million different knew avenues for you and increased your sales a million fold, creating entirely new markets for you! GET ON IT! :)
vertigo262

Post by vertigo262 »

And also!

Sorry about they typos but their is no edit on this forum, and it's been a long night! so just Babblefish it! :)
jwick

Post by jwick »

There is no GUI support for it, but you can tell the driver to generate axis events in many different ways for any application you want.

1) KB events (press/release/hold, w & w/o modifiers)
2) Joystick events
3) Mouse events
4) Customized handling of your own design.

There are samples of doing this in this forum.
It's a bit of work. You have to edit XML files.
vertigo262

Post by vertigo262 »

ahhhhh ha! a response! had to light a fire under your booty's to get a response cuz I know the silence game!

Well, I don't mind editing the xml, but is there any documentation on this?
jwick

Post by jwick »

Not really. I'm your documentation. But there are a few other users who have developed some expertise in this area.

Can you see this topic?
vertigo262

Post by vertigo262 »

No, says I am not authorized
vertigo262

Post by vertigo262 »

Seems like a pretty strange topic to be top secret? Or is this like a DISCRIMINATION thing?
jwick

Post by jwick »

Sorry vertigo262. After checking around some more for you, I found out that topic was not compatible with the current state of the software. This is why it is was removed.

At this point, the best way to get the software you are interested in to support the 3Dconnexion devices is to contact the developers of that software and ask them to contact us for our SDK.
vertigo262

Post by vertigo262 »

I thought that is what the forums were for? New ideas for the developers, or issues, or discussions? Although I would not know how to contact the developers anyways?

Nor would I think they would care much, as I am not part of this company. But if they end up working for me. Then I can tell them what they need to do for them to earn they pay. :)

But if it can be done XML that would be helpful. But if a company wants to do something BRILLIANT based on me directly instead of always STEALING my ideas. That is up to them. Although they would have to take out the 3D because it would support everything, and not just 3D

Although in the meantime, I just want to use my space mouse for all apps, and not just some limited 3D ones. And be able to customize it like the button functionality with the knob. So I don't have 100 different dial type pieces of hardware cluttered everywhere :)