VectorWorks 2008 & Space Navigator

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

samcombs

Post by samcombs »

Just realized that I posted this on the Windows Discussion Forum, so have placed it here in the Mac OS X Discussion Forum.

I recently attended the VectorWorks 2008 VectorFest in Seattle and the University of Washington Architecture student next to me won a Space Navigator. We tried it out on my MacBook Pro 2.2 ghz and it seemed to worked fine so I bought one. It needed to be calibrated to move more slowly, but it seemed to work.

So, I ordered one when I returned to Alaska, received it with the Windows documentation, so downloaded the Mac drivers and it doesn't seem to work as well on my G5 2.5 ghz. It is much too touchy and jumps around. Anyone else out there try theirs on a VectorWorks program? Any tips for calibrating it would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sam Combs, AIA, NCARB, Architect
Combs & Combs, AIA, Architecture,Interiors & Art
Mac OS 10.4.9
G5 2.5 ghz, 3.5 mb RAM
VectorWorks 2008
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Dear samcombs,

I do not find VectorWorks listed as an application that uses our device.
What sort of response do you find in using the demos?
If you open the control panel you should find slider bars where you may individually adjust the speed for each of the six different types of movements.

Sincerely,
Bryan
ghannigan

Post by ghannigan »

Sam,
See my reply to your post on the windows side.
samcombs

Post by samcombs »

Since I have two video cards, three monitors and a KVM switch, I tried using a different video card-a ATI Radeon 9600 XT with the Dell 2405FPW monitor instead of the ATI Radeon 9200 and all is well. Both video cards have 128 mb VRAM so I assume that the higher number video card has more power and works better with the Space Navigator.

VectorWorks is currently working on getting the Space Navigator as a partner with its program.

Thanks!
Sam Combs, AIA, NCARB, Architect
Combs & Combs, AIA, Architecture,Interiors & Art
Mac OS 10.4.9
G5 2.5 ghz, 3.5 mb RAM
VectorWorks 2008