What happened to keyboard, mouse and joystick emulation?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jedikalimero

What happened to keyboard, mouse and joystick emulation?

Post by jedikalimero »

Eight years ago 3D connexion announced they were developing a beta v10 driver that would support emulation of keyboard, mouse and joystick, thus allowing users to customize the behaviour of the navigator to fit for every and each program (Just like the Wacom drivers have been doing for DECADES!)

All this seems to have been dropped from final release and eight years later the 3Dconnexion drivers still SUCK.

I got my SpaceNavigator almost for free but I can imagine how disappointed are all those users who bought their device believing they could give it some use outside the few programs that are supported by the driver. Video editors, Music DJs, game players, 2D graphic designers, etc.

A great piece of hardware limited by a shitty piece of driver.
theed

Re: What happened to keyboard, mouse and joystick emulation?

Post by theed »

jedikalimero wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:24 pm Eight years ago 3D connexion announced they were developing a beta v10 driver that would support emulation of keyboard, mouse and joystick, thus allowing users to customize the behaviour of the navigator to fit for every and each program (Just like the Wacom drivers have been doing for DECADES!)

All this seems to have been dropped from final release and eight years later the 3Dconnexion drivers still SUCK.

I got my SpaceNavigator almost for free but I can imagine how disappointed are all those users who bought their device believing they could give it some use outside the few programs that are supported by the driver. Video editors, Music DJs, game players, 2D graphic designers, etc.

A great piece of hardware limited by a shitty piece of driver.
Well, I'm currently using 10.4.4. Whenever they update it somehow kills the emulation capability then the next version corrects that. It was like that before 10.4.4.
trophouse

Post by trophouse »

God yes please.

I just want to use this $200 object to button map [ctrl + mouse] to work with Tinkercad in firefox or the windows app

I bought this six months ago and the only supported program I own is autodesk fusion. That's great, I use fusion like once every six months. Maybe I'll open it again.

I'm going to keep searching and see if I can find any means of mapping unofficially.

Logitech would not have made this mistake
kgrosser

Post by kgrosser »

trophouse wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:43 pm Logitech would not have made this mistake
Honestly I cannot help thinking that it is Logitech that keeps 3D connexion from officially releasing this o so obvious feature. Remember, this technology was/is a Logitech offspring (anyone remmber the Cyberman II I still have somewhere in the basement?)

Anyway, I agree it is such a pity they seem not capable of getting this done whichis why I have moved to the other (German) side.
kgrosser

Post by kgrosser »

trophouse wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:43 pm Logitech would not have made this mistake
Honestly? Actually I cannot help thinking that it might be in fact Logitech that keeps 3Dconnexion from officially releasing this o so obvious feature. Remember, this technology was/is a Logitech offspring (anyone recalls the Cyberman II I still have somewhere in the basement?)

Anyway, I agree it is such a pity they seem not capable of getting this done whichis why I have moved to the other (German) side.
ldtzbme

Post by ldtzbme »

Can someone please help me ?
i have a spacemouse and I want to use it for left handed cursor movement and I have tried all previous listed steps.
If someone can help me make this work quickly, I can paypal 20 bucks or something....... :|

:roll: hope that doesnt get me in trouble... :|