CAD mouse wireless won’t click on MacBook Pro?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

OSP.J

CAD mouse wireless won’t click on MacBook Pro?

Post by OSP.J »

I have a brand new CAD mouse wirelessim tryingbto set up but it won’t click. I’m using it as Bluetooth and I’ve tried the dongle with no luck. I have uninstalled the driver and software and reinstalled everything several times and I can’t get it to click. I’m running the current version high serria and it is not a beta version either. Thank you for any help
christophe

Re: CAD mouse wireless won’t click on MacBook Pro?

Post by christophe »

Hi OSP.J,

Wich version of High Sierra are you running ?
You may want to do a clean reinstallation of the driver following these steps as an admin user :
-“sudo rm -r /Library/PreferencePanes/3Dconnexion.prefPane”
- rm -rf /Library/Extensions/3Dconnexion.kext
- rm -rf /Library/Frameworks/3DconnexionClient.framework
- rm -rf /Library/PreferencePanes/3Dconnexion.prefPane
- rm -rf /Applications/3Dconnexion
- rm -rf Library/Preferences/com.3dconnexion.*
- Install 3DxWareMac again
Jorge_rui

Post by Jorge_rui »

I have had this problem and resolved it.
The problem is on 3dconnexion software, but sadly they don’t seem to assume that... :|
Please tell me if the process above worked for you, i think it will not work. I’ve go down all the way the rabbit hole and formated the drive and installed the os and all my apps with all my configurations, but the first thing I’ve installed was the mouse software, the result was: it moves but does not click. I’ve reported this to the team who replayed me with the exact same information has before, and it was: see if gatekeeper is accepting the software to run on your Mac.
In other words, they didnt bother to check out the problem.

The strangest thing is that they DID not ask me on how I’ve manage to resolve this problem...
christophe

Post by christophe »

Dear Jorgre_gui,
I'm sorry about the bad experience you have had with our technical support.
I have seen this issue a few times but it was never consistent enough to tell if this was indeed a bug.

In the exchange you have had with our technical support you say you have found a fix without installing any third party drivers or software. I would like to ask you what you did exactly, this might help us understand the problem better.
twillm

Post by twillm »

I have a cad mouse wired which won't click. This problem began after installation of latest mac OS update and 3Dconnexion driver. Macbook Pro mid 2012 working with 27' Apple Thunderbolt display. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Jorge_rui

Post by Jorge_rui »

Yes, of course I can tell you,
Install a prior driver, even if does not support the mouse, gatekeeper will work as expected (the current one is the first release supporting the wireless mouse); reboot and then update to the current version. At this time you will have the buttons working.
This is way I say that the problem is on the driver.
christophe

Post by christophe »

Hi Jorge_rui,
If I understand correctly, you think that updating from an old driver to a new one makes it work fine, but if no driver was installed on a clean mac, and the latest driver is installed then the problem is there ? Do you have specific driver version you have used when you say older version ?
if this is the case this is very valuable information for us as we can test and recreated this issue then fix it.
Thank you for sharing your workaround for this issue.

As for twillm, it seems you are facing the same issue Jorge_rui has been having, it may be worth to try his workaround and share you feedback with us. I understand this is not ideal, but we can work on a fix as soon as we we know understand this issue.
Jorge_rui

Post by Jorge_rui »

christophe wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:04 am Hi Jorge_rui,
If I understand correctly, you think that updating from an old driver to a new one makes it work fine, but if no driver was installed on a clean mac, and the latest driver is installed then the problem is there ? Do you have specific driver version you have used when you say older version ?
It's precisely that. The prior driver version I've installed was the previous to the current one. But maybe it will work with a even older driver.
christophe

Post by christophe »

ok, so it should be 10.5.1, this version already supported the CM and CMW.
Jorge_rui

Post by Jorge_rui »

christophe wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:56 am ok, so it should be 10.5.1, this version already supported the CM and CMW.
For what I can remember I've chose one that even was for the any one of the mouses, something like this the https://www.3dconnexion.eu/index.php?eI ... MACOS&ap3= 10.4.4 from 2017/03/09.
I've thought that the driver was unified and will not make any diference that one I choose.
henke

Post by henke »

I'm running macOS Sierra 10.13.4 (17E199) and I can't click either. My computer won't recognize the mouse within the 3DConnexion prefpane. I've tried uninstallning the drivers and update to the most current one. Doesn't work. I've tried uninstalling that and go back to 10.5.1, doesn't work.

Come on… 
Jorge_rui

Post by Jorge_rui »

henke wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:37 am I'm running macOS Sierra 10.13.4 (17E199) and I can't click either. My computer won't recognize the mouse within the 3DConnexion prefpane. I've tried uninstallning the drivers and update to the most current one. Doesn't work. I've tried uninstalling that and go back to 10.5.1, doesn't work.

Come on… 
You have to install an older version of the driver first, that update the driver to the current version. It will work !
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

have you allowed the kernel extension as described here? This is a new "feature" from macOS for all 3rd party kernel extensions. :(
henke

Post by henke »

I made it!

– I uninstalled the original driver.
– Then I installed the old one the Jorge linked to.
– Then I allowed the kernel extension as UtaSH mentioned.
– Restart.
– Now I installed the most recent driver.
– Restart.
– Allowed the kernel extension again.

Now it works!
Jorge_rui

Post by Jorge_rui »

UtaSH wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:48 am Hi all,

have you allowed the kernel extension as described here? This is a new "feature" from macOS for all 3rd party kernel extensions. :(
That is not an option on the newer driver. It’s broken, I’m saying that for weeks now