What features are disabled without 3dxWare

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

HenryDurie

What features are disabled without 3dxWare

Post by HenryDurie »

I am looking at buying a spacemouse pro wireless for university, but am needing to know what features won't work without 3dxWare installed. I have to use university computers for some work using ANSYS, due to license constraints on the personal copy. How limited am I going to be?
UtaSH

Re: What features are disabled without 3dxWare

Post by UtaSH »

Hello HenryDurie,

what exactly do you mean with "limited"? You will be able to work two-handed! This is not a limitation, but an extension!! :lol:

You have to have admin privileges to be able to install the driver. ANSYS is supporting our 3D mouse devices so you should be able to navigate with the device. For the commands on the buttons you can map shortcuts to the device's buttons. The predefined views like Front view, Back view, Top view etc might not be available from the beginning; you might have to create the commands/shortcuts by yourself. Unfortunately we do not have an ANSYS license so I can't verify.

What operating system do you have?
HenryDurie

Post by HenryDurie »

By limited I mean what features of the SpaceMouse Pro won't be available for use. i.e. the programmable buttons, or the 3d navigation, without the 3dxWare software installed?

I do not have admin privileges, and the IT guys are notoriously slow to do anything like adding useful software, and all the university computer run on Windows 7
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello HenryDurie,

ah yes. Sorry, I oversaw that you cannot install 3DxWare. The bad news is that you won't be able to use the 3D mouse with ANSYS at all if the driver is not installed. No navigation and no buttons. :(
HenryDurie

Post by HenryDurie »

Thanks for the info, I will speak to IT, and see what I can work out