New Spacemouse Wireless not working correctly

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

KellyG

New Spacemouse Wireless not working correctly

Post by KellyG »

I am trying to get a new Spacemouse wireless working for the first time. I am trying to use it on a late 2013 model iMac 27 inch. I followed the instructions to connect it wirelessly then download and install the drivers (10.5.0). It currently only controls the curser direction, pushing down is a mouse click and rotating will scroll a webpage. I have tried it with fusion 360, google earth and the demos that installed with the driver and still no 3d navigation. The pairing app seems to work correctly but when I start the trainer the icon appears in the taskbar for a second then disappears. I have tried uninstalling then installing a couple of times plus installing the last archived driver.

I am running MagicPrefs which adds functionality to the magic mouse so I uninstalled it but that didn't help. I did notice the when I logged into another account on the mac the first time I tried to run the trainer the icon bounced for a few seconds then a login dialog for dropbox popped up, I closed it then the trainer icon disappeared. After that it would only show for a second then close. I uninstalled dropbox and tried again but no difference. I have also started up in safe mode but no difference.

When I open 3Dconnexion preferences the overall speed slider does nothing, the mapping drop down menu only works in the radial menus tab but I don't know how to use it and under the Tools tab it says No Device Found with no firmware shown.

I sent a support email a few days ago with no response yet. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
UtaSH

Re: New Spacemouse Wireless not working correctly

Post by UtaSH »

Hello KellyG,

we apologize for the delay. Your request is being handled in the meantime.
need3d

Post by need3d »

I have the exact same behavior on am iMac 21 High Sierra 10.13 as psoted by KellyG on Oct 26, 2017
The response to his question was vague.
Is the Spacemouse Wireless decice supported and working under 10.13 or is this whats being worked on?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Note that Apple has introduced "a new feature" in High Sierra that requires user approval before loading third-party kernel extensions. This affects our driver as well. Please read this article: https://developer.apple.com/library/con ... TS40017658
MAYAman

Post by MAYAman »

The above didn't work for me. I allowed the KEXT and it still doesn't see the space mouse in firmware and it only acts as a normal mouse, or half a normal mouse. Please help, I have a project that is due Friday. Please. :(
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello MAYAman,

I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team.
KevinTheBright

Post by KevinTheBright »

Same problem on my Mac Pro using SideFX Houdini. Works fine in Safari.
Kevin
Soundguru

Post by Soundguru »

Have Either of you guys received an answer to this yet? I just got a new SpaceMouse Wireless and have the same issue. Also trainer won't open in the control panel for the SpaceMouse.
Toddo

Post by Toddo »

I just purchased a new SpaceMouse Pro Wireless and for my 2013 MacPro for use in Modo and Fusion 360. The SpaceMouse Pro is Not working at all....I installed the latest drivers and all my applications and operating systems are up to date. I also allowed the SAM extension in my Security Preferences and still not working. Any word on when this problem might be fixed? Thanks....Toddo
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Toddo,

see our list of supported applications. Modo supports our 3D mouse devices only on Windows - not Mac. :(

But in Fusion 360 you should be able to navigate.
  1. Is the device shown in the 3Dconnexion properties?
  2. Are you using macOS High Sierra?
  3. Check in the System Information if the device is recognized by the OS: About this Mac -> More Info ... -> System Report -> Hardware -> USB.
  4. Does the device work when connected with the cable?
  5. Have you tried if pairing the device again with the receiver solves the issue?
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

For me Enterprise runs with Modo on Mac.
Just little Problems with Macros. Buttons itself and mainly
the Navigator itself runs flawlessly since 2007 for me.
Toddo

Post by Toddo »

Vielen Danke Uta,

Thank you for the prompt response. I turned on my computer yesterday morning and for some reason the SpaceMouse started working just fine without having to do anything. I haven't put it through it's paces yet...but everything seems good to go. I realize I may not get full functionality in Modo but I am able to 3d navigate in Modo. And everything seems to be operating nice in Fusion 360.

Thanks again

Toddo
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

I am glad things are working now on your side. I have checked our records concerning Modo and found that the support for the 3D mouse is available in Modo on Mac, but it failed the certification on our site. That's why we do not list it. We have reported the issues to the manufacturer. In case you find issues it will help if you report it as well to them.
maximus85

Post by maximus85 »

Hey!

My spacemouse pro dont work on my new imac. i downloded the last driver for my SMP and get the same response as the rest.
It works fine on my old mac. What can i do?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello maximus85,

does the OS recognize the device? See "About this Mac -> More Info ... -> System Report -> Hardware -> USB". Is it listed there?

What version is your OS exactly?

Are you aware that you have to manually "allow" the kernel extension since High Sierra? See here.