Crossplatform SpaceNavigator driver

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion UNIX and Linux Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

koenieee

Crossplatform SpaceNavigator driver

Post by koenieee »

Hi,

I created my own implementation of a crossplatform SpaceMouse/SpaceNavigator driver.
It uses the HID-API interface for cross platform support. This means this will work without the 3D Connexxion drivers on Linux, Windows and Mac OS and many more.

I would like to help people to integrate support into their application using my code.

https://github.com/koen-github/Crosspla ... ouseDriver

I hope people can use it!

Kind regards,

Koen
mcc

Re: Crossplatform SpaceNavigator driver

Post by mcc »

This is very interesting to me, can you elaborate? Does this offer the full set of functionality using the official SpaceMouse libraries will or does it handle a subset?

I gather this is meant to be built with qmake but a sample build invocation in the README would be helpful.
mcc

Post by mcc »

Also I notice that on my mac there is a SpaceMouse app that allows me to configure the SpaceMouse. It lets me do things like swap axes. Will your code correctly take advantage of these configuration options? Or will you bypass it because you are sniffing raw HID messages…?
nour

Post by nour »

koenieee wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:09 am Hi,

I created my own implementation of a crossplatform SpaceMouse/SpaceNavigator driver.
It uses the HID-API interface for cross platform support. This means this will work without the 3D Connexxion drivers on Linux, Windows and Mac OS and many more.

I would like to help people to integrate support into their application using my code.

I hope people can use it!

Kind regards,

Koen
Hi,
There were no updates since two years on GitHub.
But the question here is : you get the device info and compare it with a bunch with values to recognize the device manufacturer and type.
My question is : without the official 3DConnexion driver, can you really obtain these informations ? Given that the system will not recognize the device in the first place.