Trimetric & Dimetric Solidworks Commands

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

rarredondo

Trimetric & Dimetric Solidworks Commands

Post by rarredondo »

I am using Solidworks 2006 and just installed spacepilot. When I go to program the keys within SW, under "Standard Views" the command "Trimetric" or "Dimetric" do not show up to choose only "Isometric". I have looked under each category but cannot find these commands. It does not matter if I am in a part or assembly drawing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ron A.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi rarredondo,
Are you using the latest release (version 3.0)? This may a be bug and/or a limitation of the SolidWorks API. If that is indeed the case, it will require further investigation.
Nuno Gomes
rarredondo

Post by rarredondo »

I tried downloading the latest software from 3dconnexion but "trimetric" and "Dimetric" are still unavailable. Which sucks since I spent $400.00 for the Spacepilot and the Spacemouse I bought for $20.00 off Ebay has these commands with it's software.
Ron A.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi rarredondo,
rarredondo wrote:the Spacemouse I bought for $20.00 off Ebay has these commands with it's software.
Ron A.
Are you using the Button Mapping panel in SolidWorks (created by the "3Dcontrol" add-in) or the driver (3DxWare) panel? In SolidWorks, you have many more commands and better flexibility using the former rather than the later. The "Button Mapping" panel can be accessed from the "3Dcontrol" toolbar.
rarredondo

Post by rarredondo »

Hi,

Yes, I am using the 3dcontrol toolbar bar within Solidworks. I use the Spacemouse at work and both Trimetric and Dimetric are visible under the standard views section. The spacemouse uses the 3Dxsoftware 2.8.2. I am using the 3Dxsoftware 3.0.9 for the spacepilot. Under the standard views section these commands do not appear.

Ron A.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi rarredondo,
Perhaps you remove the commands "Trimetric" and "Dimetric" from the "Standard Views" toolbar?

In SolidWorks, go to the menu "Tools"select "Customize" and add the commands "Trimetric" and "Dimetric" to the "Standard Views" toolbar.

We have not been able to reproduce what you have reported (other than if the commands are missing from the toolbar).
rarredondo

Post by rarredondo »

That was it, once I added the commands back to the standard view toolbar they showed up. Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Ron A. :D