Spaceball model 2003 drivers needed for XP SP2

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mtrunz

Spaceball model 2003 drivers needed for XP SP2

Post by mtrunz »

:roll: I need drivers for my old reliable model 2003 spaceball. I'm running XP and just reformatted and this lost my drivers for the old gal. She worked fine with XP so no issues in that regard but I can't seem to find the legacy driver anywhere. I know 3DCon. stopped supporting that model some time ago but there has to be an archived driver somewhere. Can anyone help? Thanks.
ghannigan

Post by ghannigan »

mtrunz

Post by mtrunz »

Tried that first thing but they no longer support the 2003 model and list no options for it. I tried the 3003 drivers but they do not work. Thanks anyway.
Keith

Post by Keith »

3Dconnexion is committed to providing high quality application support for our 3D motion controllers. Rapidly changing technologies drives our company to introduce new products and to discontinue older products and software revisions so that we may focus on high quality and feature-rich software for current and future products. We would like the opportunity to discuss these options with you. A newer 3dConnexion device will be needed to take advantage of these drivers supporting Windows XP, Win64 along with recent application versions.

Recently our line of 3D navigation devices has been expanded to four different devices at a variety of price points. Descriptions of our latest line of navigation devices can also be found on this web site. SpaceExplorer is considered a good replacement for SpaceBalls. The SpacePilot is good for production work. The SpaceTraveler with case, is compact for traveling. And the SpaceNavigator is good as an introduction to 3D navigation devices for professional use and students.

Keith.
3Dconnexion, Inc. A Logitech Company
dmchenry

3.05.0015 Driver

Post by dmchenry »

What is the harm in making this available on your site?
I know it works with SW2007 and on back because it is working on my home machine and did work here at work until I loaded 2.8.2 which doesn't work.
Please if you know where I can find this driver let me know.
I can't work with out my spaceball! :x
mtrunz

Post by mtrunz »

Keith wrote:3Dconnexion is committed to providing high quality application support for our 3D motion controllers. Rapidly changing technologies drives our company to introduce new products and to discontinue older products and software revisions so that we may focus on high quality and feature-rich software for current and future products. We would like the opportunity to discuss these options with you. A newer 3dConnexion device will be needed to take advantage of these drivers supporting Windows XP, Win64 along with recent application versions.

Recently our line of 3D navigation devices has been expanded to four different devices at a variety of price points. Descriptions of our latest line of navigation devices can also be found on this web site. SpaceExplorer is considered a good replacement for SpaceBalls. The SpacePilot is good for production work. The SpaceTraveler with case, is compact for traveling. And the SpaceNavigator is good as an introduction to 3D navigation devices for professional use and students.

Keith.
Hi Keith
I would love to be able to drop a few hundred dollars on a new spaceball but this isn't an option right now. Until I reformatted the other day, my drivers and software were fine with XP SP2 & the version of SolidWorks I'm using. That being said, if those drivers worked a few days ago they will work today as well so where can I get a copy of them to install? This time, I'll copy them to a CD for backup. Surely you can help. Please reply.
gforrest

Post by gforrest »

Hello,

Do you have spaceware 9.1. I still use a spaceball at my home, and this software works for most apps I know of. I am new to these forums. If you post again, leave a way to contact you if you want to discuss this software.
gforrest

Post by gforrest »

Hello,

Do you have spaceware 9.1. I still use a spaceball at my home, and this software works for most apps I know of. I am new to these forums. If you post again, leave a way to contact you if you want to discuss this software.
Ken Denton

Post by Ken Denton »

These products are no longer supported.
Ken Denton
3Dconnexion, Inc. A Logitech Company