Disable Cad Mouse Buttons

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

lbpalm

Disable Cad Mouse Buttons

Post by lbpalm »

Is there a way to disable buttons that I do not want to use on the cad mouse?
Specifically, the left side arrow buttons are an annoyance that I would like to disable.
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Magic Man

Re: Disable Cad Mouse Buttons

Post by Magic Man »

You could set them to a 'neutral' keyboard action, e.g. ctrl or shift - there doesn't seem to be a selectable option to "do nothing".
Alternatively, edit the .xml directly.
Phil999

Post by Phil999 »

for buttons I want to leave blank I usually create a macro, with the numpad "-" key. Both for name and key command. This has worked well. If one accidentally hits such a button, in general nothing happens, at least nothing serious.

It is an old feature request of mine to have a blank button assignment in the editor, for profiles (non-3D of course) that only need few buttons. The advantage of a blank button assignment is that you have a better overview. Also for other people that use your profile.

But as Magic Man said, there is probably a way to create such a blank assignment with manual xml editing. I just don't know yet how to do it. For some time this lack bothered me a bit, but after I used this aforementioned numpad "-" key for some years without problems, it has become a routine for me.

Do you know something Magic Man?
Space Navigator x2, Space Pilot, Space Pilot Pro, SpaceMouse Enterprise
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Possibly set the <output><action> of a button empty?
Crogan

Post by Crogan »

Magic Man wrote:You could set them to a 'neutral' keyboard action, e.g. ctrl or shift - there doesn't seem to be a selectable option to "do nothing".
Alternatively, edit the .xml directly.
Nice, that works.