<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

loocas

Post by loocas »

pi3573 wrote:im writing the explorer version now :]
Fantastic! I can't waint :)

cheers, mate!
IronRaptor

Post by IronRaptor »

Hi there, I guess I'll drop a note and say hi and get on with my question..

RBC9. Regarding the drivers, I tried following the instructions per your word.doc. The first time it detected my SpaceNavigator fine, unfortunately while it did detect it, it wouldn't allow me to bind any keys / axes to it, and when I uninstalled and reinstalled it, the RBC-9 drivers wouldn't detect my SN device anymore.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong?
wow

Whish for the next version - and World of Warcraft

Post by wow »

Hallo pi3573, RBC9, all

Huge thanks to RBC9 for writing this driver.

For pi3573 and/or whoever is picking up the sources and extending them I have a wish:

Please make the edit window resizable (fast solution) or
adapt its layout to deal with the "large size (120dpi)" font setting
(Found in Properties of the display - Settings - Advanced - General.)

With the current version an 120dpi, the lower part of the control vanishes outside the window. And without the Apply, Calibrate, and Cancel buttons it is rather difficult to use.

Thanks
wow

PS: I am using the SpaceNavigator with World of Warcraft, but I am still not terribly satisfied with the result. Does anyone have nice bindings for that?
Auto-select is not working for me with WoW, by the way.
jwelin

Serial Space Mouse Plus

Post by jwelin »

Is there a way to make this driver work with a serial version of the Space Mouse Plus?

Of course there is no corresponding USB HID entry in the Device Manager.
John Welin
Columbian Model and Exhibit
takedownca

SpacePilot

Post by takedownca »

RBC9, looks like you have a great program here. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to test it out because I have a SpacePilot. Has there been any more work done towards making your driver compatible? I've tried the Fadetoblack version, but that doesn't work. Thanks.
kjw

Re: Wish for the next version - and World of Warcraft

Post by kjw »

wow wrote:
PS: I am using the SpaceNavigator with World of Warcraft, but I am still not terribly satisfied with the result. Does anyone have nice bindings for that?
Auto-select is not working for me with WoW, by the way.
I am also interested. I have been using ControllerMate so far, but am inherently coming up against the conflict of wanting to use the mouse at the same time as the SpaceNavigator, and the two just aren't mixing. I can do keyboard equivalents easily enough. I may have to look at writing a custom UI mod for WoW, though I haven't the faintest idea where to start. (Only been playing WoW a few days now)
jacobverschoor

Re: SpacePilot

Post by jacobverschoor »

takedownca wrote:RBC9, looks like you have a great program here. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to test it out because I have a SpacePilot. Has there been any more work done towards making your driver compatible? I've tried the Fadetoblack version, but that doesn't work. Thanks.
I'am also very interesting in the support of SpacePilot.
I've tried all the versions, on different machine's butt it will not work...
I'am still waiting! Maybe on the new driver??
Robroy

Installation problems

Post by Robroy »

@RBC9,

i got the Space Navigator yesterday and i tried your driver!
But i have got a great problem:
if i install your driver i get a bluescreen with the message
"IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL" and my Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit german restart!!!!
If i try to install the driver again after this crash, Vista told me that he got a problem with this drivers, he could not find them!!
Have you any ideas what could be the problem?
The original driver from 3dconnexion works fine!

Thanks for your help!

Robroy
zipper

Post by zipper »

does anyone think about rewriting the driver for xp 64bit? id kill for having that driver and im forced to use 64 bit system.
and im into c++ programming so i can help if i can, but ive never programmed any drivers.
noviolence

Post by noviolence »

Hey there, ..

My Problem is, that the "Hold"/"Release" Function doesn't seem to work.
I wanted to bind Left Alt + Mouse Axis + Mouse Button for paning in ZBrush.. but the once I use this Axis, the Alt Button seems to be pressed all the time, also if I don't even touch the SN.

Any Idea?
mteddy

Post by mteddy »

noviolence wrote:My Problem is, that the "Hold"/"Release" Function doesn't seem to work.
I wanted to bind Left Alt + Mouse Axis + Mouse Button for paning in ZBrush.. but the once I use this Axis, the Alt Button seems to be pressed all the time, also if I don't even touch the SN.

Any Idea?
Perhaps it helps, if you set/increase the min value?
noviolence

Post by noviolence »

tried. to set it above 0 ... but it didn't help
virtualrain

Post by virtualrain »

Is any further development proceeding on this?

I'm running Vista x64 and would love to add a 3DConnexion product to my system but won't consider it unless there is some generic app support for my OS either through this driver or otherwise.

It's too bad the oringal author got this 80% there and then ran out of time for it... it's a fantastic idea... I guess many in the community are indebted... I just wish I was one of them! :)
peeddrroo

Re: Problem with Apply

Post by peeddrroo »

trmcleod wrote:I installed the driver, etc. It seems to be working. However I can't save any new layouts. When I click apply the RC9 application closes back to the system tray. When I reopen it my new layouts are all gone.
i'm having the same problem, can anyone help?

thanks

and by the way THANKS A LOT RBC9 for your hard work and for sharing it!
much appreciated.
mikebannister

Any luck with Space Pilot yet

Post by mikebannister »

Right before I got my SpacePilot I was reading this thread, although not thoroughly enough. I was excited that I could possibly use my space pilot as a joystick/ mouse/ whatever. Has there been any luck getting the drivers to work with the space pilot?