SpaceNavigator used for travel on laptop with SpacePilot

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

JK

SpaceNavigator used for travel on laptop with SpacePilot

Post by JK »

I currently use a SpacePilot with my laptop when at my desk. While the SpacePilot is terrific, it is not that great for traveling. I would like to know if I could just plug in a SpaceNavigator when traveling, etc? I guess it comes down to are the drivers the same and will the drivers recognize each deviece as they are changed back and forth?
JK
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi, JK. 3Dconnexion has a specific product for 3D manipulation "on-the-move": the SpaceTraveler designed to be carried around (lightweight, small form-factor) and sold with a protective casing.
The software for the SpacePilot and SpaceTraveler is the same. It is simply a matter of unplugging one device and plugging the other in.
Nuno Gomes
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi JK. Looking back to the first reply, I see that we have not answered your question.
You can just plug-in a SpaceNavigator and use it while you're about but do note the following:
  • each device has its own driver settings for buttons and speed;
  • if you carry the SpaceNavigator outside a protective casing (upside down), you may have to use the "Calibrate" button to ensure the mtion sensor is properly recalibrated (but only if you observe a small but continuous movement without touching on the device handle).