Blender and Input profiles

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

jaimi

Blender and Input profiles

Post by jaimi »

When I installed the 3dconnexion drivers, I had the "3ds max" input profile selected. This is not the one I normally use (I use the "maya" profile). My 3d mouse worked fine under the "3ds max" profile (and the default "blender" profile).
However, it does nothing under the "Maya" profile.
So I saved my blender preferences, and ran the "install plugins", thinking that might make it work. It did not.
So I reinstalled the drivers from scratch.

Still, the "Maya" profile (under "input" in the blender preferences) does not work with the 3d mouse.

Is there anything I can do to make it work under that preference? The buttons work, it just doesn't orbit, zoom or pan.
Tehrasha

Re: Blender and Input profiles

Post by Tehrasha »

Blender does not use the 3dconnexion profile settings. Changes made there have no effect in Blender.
It only appeared to use the 3dMax profile because those were the defaults settings within Blender.

You will need to go into Blender's user preferences and change those setting manually.
http://spacemice.org/index.php?title=Blender
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.
jaimi

Post by jaimi »

Thank you - the website is out of date, but you gave me the hint I needed.
I filtered the settings to "ndof" from one of the working profiles, took a screenshot, and then just entered those into the broken profile. Working perfectly!
Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha »

Out of date?
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.