Confilic Between Xbox-360 & Spacemouse

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

fyew-jit-tiv

Confilic Between Xbox-360 & Spacemouse

Post by fyew-jit-tiv »

This is a direct message to the developers.

There is a conflict when running the Spacemouse Pro & the Xobx-360 controller in the same system. Where is the drivers are installed for the SMP no game can communicate with the xbox-360 controller. Please note this problem happens even if you unplug the SMP. So there seems to be conflicts at driver level. please can you look at this problem and address the issues.

Win64.
ngomes

Re: Confilic Between Xbox-360 & Spacemouse

Post by ngomes »

3Dconnexion's 3DxWare 10 installs a joystick device. It may be that games are picking that up or the games are picking the SpaceMouse Pro as the default input device. Joysticks, gamepads, keyboards and 3D mice are all variants (classes) of human interface devices (HID), a USB Implementers Forum specification.

A solution may be checking the game's configurations settings and see what input devices are being picked up by the application.
Nuno Gomes
kojack

Post by kojack »

There's 3 games in particular that I've found that have problems. Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins and Dark Souls all fail to handle 360 controllers when a 3d connexion device is present.
It's odd because all three are pretty much hard coded for 360 controllers, so why aren't they using xinput instead of directinput?
All three games grab the first input device they find, ignoring the preferred device in the windows game controller config panel.

These games have problems with other usb devices too (such as my X52 joystick and the analog stick on the logitech G13). However all of those are easily fixed by unplugging the device temporarily. But unplugging my Space Pilot Pro doesn't remove the joystick emulator, so the games still get confused by it. I need to completely uninstall the space pilot pro drivers.

So not really 3d Connexion's fault (it's due to lazy input handling in the games), although having the direct input joystick emulator removed when the space pilot is unplugged would be handy for dealing with these kinds of games.
juhor

Post by juhor »

I understand that this isn't really 3dConnexion's fault, but a "disable 3d mouse" button of some kind would be nice.
It's getting pretty tiresome to uninstall every time I want to play Dark Souls. With older drivers just unplugging the thing was enough (and even that was pretty annoying to me).
jwick

Post by jwick »

You should be able to just temporarily disable the emulated joystick in the control panel.
eobet

Post by eobet »

jwick wrote:You should be able to just temporarily disable the emulated joystick in the control panel.
Can you do that in Windows 10?

Either way, this is really inconvenient.

I've had two games run into trouble because I've installed the 3Dconnexion software now.

Why is the "3Dconnexion KMJ emulation" device active in the Game Controllers section of the Control panel, even if you've unplugged your device?
jwick

Post by jwick »

Go into the Device Manager and disable it. You may have to disable the emulated joystick first. In fact maybe you only have to disable the emulated joystick if that is being detected by your game. Now if you want the emulator to work in some games and not others, well, that is a pain.

Many game device detectors are not written that well. For one, they should allow the user to connect any device he wants. If they only support one or two of those that is fine.
eobet

Post by eobet »

Still, why does the device show up at all when the USB cable is unplugged?
eobet

Post by eobet »

jwick wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:31 amMany game device detectors are not written that well.
Several years down the line and I still run into this issue. I have to say that I don't think the 3dConnexion software is written that well, since it apparently cannot detect when the actual device is plugged in or not, meanwhile every other device on the planet seems to be able to.

Even more infuriating is that every other device in the device manager has the "disable" option, but not the 3DConnexion KMJ emulator. So how do I disable it?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi eobet,
eobet wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:14 am Still, why does the device show up at all when the USB cable is unplugged?
The "3Dconnexion KMJ Emulator" is unrelated to the connected device. In fact, it's not even a "virtual device" as such but a "class".
eobet wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:49 am Even more infuriating is that every other device in the device manager has the "disable" option, but not the 3DConnexion KMJ emulator. So how do I disable it?
You cannot disable a "class" of devices. A class is just a categorisation nomenclature and it does not make sense to disable or enable. It simply does not apply.

What you can do is disable the virtual devices that belong to that class: go to the Device Manager, select the class "3Dconnexion KMJ Emulator" and click "Devices by connection" from the "View" menu. You will find three generic devices: "HID Keyboard Device", "HID-compliant game controller" and "HID-compliant mouse". These are the virtual device controlled by 3Dconnexion's device driver but, again, they are not related to the actual connected hardware. It's software all the way down.

The virtual devices can be individually disabled as you'd expect for a normal, real device. In the "View by type" default view, the devices are respectively found in the classes "Keyboards", "Human Interface Devices" and "Mice and other pointing devices".

I'm sorry for taking this long to follow up on your request.
Nuno Gomes
Hypersonic

Post by Hypersonic »

I'm not sure about the 'select the class' step, but after entering device manager into the start menu one can goto straight to view->devices by connection.

I noticed that one can't disable the HID Keyboard device, but one can disable the HID-compliant game controller and HID-compliant mouse. Indeed if you disable HID-compliant game controller, entering game controllers in the start menu will make the KMJ entry disappear.

If you check show hidden devices I noticed that there is also 3Dx_KMJ_01 which can also be enabled/disabled (maybe that disables all 3? requires computer restart though.)
Alizeh

Post by Alizeh »

Just same behavior here with my system... (win7 Pro)
eobet

Post by eobet »

So many years later and the issue still remains.

There's 1000s of different games out there and 1000s of customers affected, that 1 developer can fix and they don't give a damn. :(
tlwalsh

Post by tlwalsh »

eobet wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:02 pm So many years later and the issue still remains.

There's 1000s of different games out there and 1000s of customers affected, that 1 developer can fix and they don't give a damn. :(
Not just games. This is impacting my simulation software. It's starting to get irritating constantly uninstalling and installing the drivers while at work. I found this thread which provides a solution, but the solution shouldn't be so convoluted and un-intuitive. Messing with these settings multiple times a day is costing the company a lot of money. This should be addressed beyond quick fixes.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Which simulation software?