3Dconnexion Broker Service

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

fyew-jit-tiv

3Dconnexion Broker Service

Post by fyew-jit-tiv »

3Dconnexion Broker Service What is this service and what is it doing?

This service prevents windows 10 from shutting down correctly and has been like this for the past 4-5 3DxWare releases. If i stop this service then windows shuts down correctly. Right now i have this service disabled (because system wont shutdown correctly) and all seems to work ok including system shutdown. If this service is vital can you then please fix it.

Thank you.
Barbara

Re: 3Dconnexion Broker Service

Post by Barbara »

Hello fyew-jit-tiv -

3DConnexion Broker Service is used to detect the device and auto-start the driver.

The 3DConnexion Broker Service default is set to run as 'Automatic'. If the service is disabled rather than stopped and you unplug the device or re-start the PC, the driver would need to be started by a program like Inventor or the Jet Demo that starts driver or it would need to be started manually.

In your case it would mean the program you are using is performing that function and starting the 3DxWare driver.

The 3DConnexion Broker Service is not vital in that situation. It was added to 3DxWare as a service so that the driver integrates into the OS and auto-starts rather than using a command | shortcut to start the driver executable.

I have not seen other reports of the service interfering with shutdown. I will report back here if I can find any particular circumstances where that would happen.
----------
Barbara
fyew-jit-tiv

Re: 3Dconnexion Broker Service

Post by fyew-jit-tiv »

Hi Barbra,

I can say for sure my shut down problem is due to the 3DX Broker Service. If i uninstall the device (SMP) my system restarts and shuts down as normal. When i install the SMP and Software and restart/shutdown i get the following message "This app preventing your system from restarting". Now if i leave the SMP installed with 3DXware but disable the Broker Service or even set the broker service to manual but not have the service running i do NOT get the shutdown/restart problem.

Im currently running an X99 system using usb 3.0 bus (intel/asmedia) Dont have USB 2.0 on this MB. Running win10.

If you want anymore info please do ask.

Thank you.