3dconnexion enterprise kit and cadmouse carrying mouse

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

tom sivan

3dconnexion enterprise kit and cadmouse carrying mouse

Post by tom sivan »

3dconnexion hello,
just bought the 3dconnexion enterprise kit. have to say you done a fine work making a premium product.
wich im affraid carrying it around will damage or even afraid to scratch it.im moving allot with my work laptop and would like to have the enterprise kit with me.
it could be nice to have a carrying case that will protect it.for the kit or each product or even just for the mouse will be sufficient for me.
thanks
tom sivan
UtaSH

Re: 3dconnexion enterprise kit and cadmouse carrying mouse

Post by UtaSH »

Hello tom sivan,

currently we offer a carry case for the SpaceMouse Enterprise in our webshop. For the CadMouse I am using a case for an external harddriver that has the correct dimensions. See at the bottom of this page for the dimensions of the CadMouse.

(I think this is the one I have - not absolutely sure though.)
tom sivan

Post by tom sivan »

thanks for replying.
just thought it would be nice to have something exactly made for the mouse or all the kit.
the spacemouse carrying case good to know it's exists.but the cadmouse is more important because most people won't transfer the spacemouse.
BullFrogED

Post by BullFrogED »

I had the same issue when I bought my kit, so I used it as an excuse to learn more advanced surfacing in SolidWorks and I printed out the results. I had to print the large case in 4 pieces and didn't have space to keep the cord inside unfortunately. I used acetone to glue felt to the abs that the cases are printed from. I've been using both cases to transport the kit in my backpack for about 4 months now and they work great. The only issues I have is the magnets for the mouse case are way too strong and I'm worried about the Enterprise cord in the long term. I may design some sort of strain relief that can snap onto the current case. If anyone is interested in the files so they can print their own cases, let me know. I only ask that you send me pics of the final product and any CAD file upgrades.
Attachments
Enterprise Case_Open.jpg
Enterprise Case_Open.jpg (67.1 KiB) Viewed 12072 times
Cases_Closed.jpg
Cases_Closed.jpg (175.76 KiB) Viewed 12072 times
CADmouse Case Assembly.jpg
CADmouse Case Assembly.jpg (100.63 KiB) Viewed 12072 times
geckolord8

Post by geckolord8 »

I would love to get those files from you, I have been looking for this exact solution and it would save me having to get my enterprise 3d scanned.
BullFrogED

Post by BullFrogED »

geckolord8 wrote:I would love to get those files from you, I have been looking for this exact solution and it would save me having to get my enterprise 3d scanned.
Message me at my junk e-mail. I'll respond from my work e-mail.

*******(at)*******(dot)com
Moderator edit: Email address removed due to forum policy. Personal contact is possible via PM.