Re-assigning 3dlock button

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Giromax

Re-assigning 3dlock button

Post by Giromax »

I want to re-assign "3d lock" button to another command.How can I do this. :(
Also I think that other buttons such as sensitivity group buttons are valuable for common used commands.I want to use them as another one .How can I re assign them?

Thanks...
Peter

Post by Peter »

Giromax,
Thanks for the question. With the Space Pilot, the "3d lock" button and the "sensitivity" button (I will assume that you are referring to the "plus and minus "rocker" button) are not configurable (as are the other buttons).
jayse

Post by jayse »

even by editing the .scg file?? It seems really odd that the 3d lock button should be so limited.

the views are: top, left, right, front - but what about perspective? Or what about a four-view...

i've read the lock button only works in some apps - leaving it useless for the rest of us?

Tell me there's a hack! ;-)

Thanks!

// jayse
jwick

Post by jwick »

Of course there's a hack...but obviously you are on your own. :)

You can edit the .scg file. Look for the SPACEPILOT section, then the button that is assigned to UI_ROT_TOGGLE (BUTTON_27_USER) and change it to any other UI_something from the BUTTON_NUMBERS or BUTTON_CHARACTERS lists near the top of the file.

You will, of course, get no feedback in the GUI.

UI_ROT_TOGGLE is a driver function. It works in all apps. The Right, Left, Top, Bottom functions only work in apps in which we can tell the app to change to a special view. We need an API function and a plugin, or a keyboard macro to do that. So those may not work in all apps.

Have fun.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
jayse

Post by jayse »

Sweeeeet jwick! Thanks so much!

I'll try this out.

At the moment the L,T,R,F keys do nothing in Cinema 4d so I remapped them to custom keyboard shortcuts and this works great.

wish me luck on remapping the 3d lock! Very appreciated info!

// jayse
cogombo

Post by cogombo »

Ok. I want to make the key mapping too.
I saved de config for cinema to access to the archive user02.scg.
I found at the end the corresponding section for my Space Navigator and the buttons sections. They say that:

BUTTON_1_DFLT = { UI_FIT, HOLD }
BUTTON_2_DFLT = { UI_MENU_TOGGLE, HOLD }
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi cogombo,

You don't have to edit config files to assign the "C" key to most buttons. All you have to do is open the 3DxWare GUI->Button Configuration->Custom Functions->New and create a macro for the C key (or ^C, whatever)->Done, then assign it to a button from the dropdown menu in the BUtton Configuration tab.

The procedure described in this thread is for SpacePilot/SpaceExplorer buttons which are unaccessible in the GUI.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
cogombo

Post by cogombo »

Ok, thanks a lot. :D