Maya 2017 SpaceMouse Pro driver not working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Climberfx

Maya 2017 SpaceMouse Pro driver not working

Post by Climberfx »

Well, as expected, there is no working driver for Maya 2017 on OS X.
Like i said before, Maya 2017 would be released before the support for Maya 2016 Ext 2 was come.
The only hope is that the next update get us in a week window, and it works for all Maya releases until date!
Almost trowing this hardware on the Trash.
rubendariog18

Re: Maya 2017 SpaceMouse Pro driver not working

Post by rubendariog18 »

3Dconnexion good day gentlemen
I have the space mouse pro, unfortunately does not work with my Maya 2017, it is urgent to use my mouse, could help us with this support?
Climberfx

Post by Climberfx »

At Last, there are now the version they told us will work with maya 2016.5 and 2017.
Lets hope.
Installing now!
Janoshx

Post by Janoshx »

driver works in Maya 2016.5 and 2017 but only partly.

The rotate around center feature is not working. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16786
Climberfx

Post by Climberfx »

Yep, here is to working, the essential part.
But the center is aways the zero world coordinate.
Never show the little blue dot to show where it is picking for center rotation.
But it is working.
Thank you.
Waiting for the fix.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

we are tracking this problem with our internal bug number #7258. If possible you should install 3DxWareMac 10.2.5 which you can download from our archive. We will post here if the fix is available.

Note that 10.2.5 won't work if you have our newest model - the SpaceMouse Enterprise, if you are working with Onshape or if you have Maya 2016.5 or 2017.
Climberfx

Post by Climberfx »

Why put that wold version? It crashes Maya 2017 on loading!
MC1RScorpion

Post by MC1RScorpion »

Hi 3DConnexion,

I'd like to chime in here and say that my SpacePilot Pro is not working with the latest drivers when used with Maya 2016.5 or 2017 on MacOS Sierra. This is very frustrating and I wanted to ask when we might see a solution?

Any information would be appreciated. Please let me know if I can do or provide anything to help.

All the best to the 3DConnexion team.
MC1RScorpion

Post by MC1RScorpion »

It appears that using 3DxWare 10.4.1 has restored some usability to my 3D SpacePilot Pro. Despite my chosen settings however, I am still unable to pivot around an object. Rather, the mouse seems to be stubbornly centred on 0,0,0 in world space.

Please let me know if anyone has a solution to this problem.

Thank you.
Janoshx

Post by Janoshx »

Is there any progress on this bug?

What is happening in 3D connexion? Why you are not supporting tools you manufacture and sell.

The delay on this one bug is way too long to be acceptable.

I truly hope that you are working on this but it would be really good PR to tell people what you are doing and what kind of time schedule is expected to have this fixed.

I can believe that in todays world when software and operating systems are upgrading their code faster and faster it must be difficult to stay on the wave but don't forget that we are the customers who buy your products and if you don't give proper driver support we just stop using and buying them and that is not good for you if the reason why we don't like your products is the lack of support. That gives clear message to the end users that 3D connexion doesn't care about their clients.

This is getting very frustrating
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

You should see what the hell they did to the PC version.. they fracking lobotomized it! took out all the custom commands for the puck .. you can only set commands for the buttons.. .. damnit. just put it in a Unsupported tab and expose the parameters or something if you don't care to support it. but sheesh.. hobbling a good device that way.. someone should be fired for that!
Janoshx

Post by Janoshx »

Latest mac driver update 10.4.2 does not fix the maya 2017 rotation center issue. The rotation center is still aways the center of the scnene
Janoshx

Post by Janoshx »

The driver version 10.4.3 works as it should in maya 2016 SP6 and in Maya 2017 with OSX version 10.11.6

The rotation center icon is not visible in maya 2017 at all with any settings but that does not have any affect to the actual behavior. The rotation center feature works and that is what counts
Climberfx

Post by Climberfx »

Yeap, exactly that what Jasoshx was posted. No blue dot, but the most important, it works. The center on object works...
Bravo. That one take long, but now is on the past!
Great work!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

we are tracking this issue with our internal bug number #7148.

As a workaround you can change the settings for the used render engine: in Maya -> Window -> Settings/Preferences -> Preferences -> Display. Here at the bottom: “Viewport 2.0” -> “Render Engine” change to “OpenGL Legacy”