SpaceNavigator not working in Yosemite except in tutorials

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

phjo

Re: SpaceNavigator not working in Yosemite except in tutoria

Post by phjo »

Hi,

I installed 3dxWareMac 10.1.2 over the newest drivers, well prepared to have to reinstall newest drivers afterwards, but the 10.1.2 version seems to please google earth as well as Sketchup 2016.

Google earth is not that useful though, but I was curious to try it with the spacenavigator...

phjo
dportabella

Post by dportabella »

guys, it's more than one year since the issue was raised...
any advance in this direction?
when was the last time you talked to the google earth team about it?
maybe it's time to call them again.
TCM

Post by TCM »

This is ridiculous. I bought this specifically for google earth and it seems you have not even attempted to try and fix this problem. This mouse is worthless to me on my mac. Your instructions to fix the issue have not worked. Do not buy this product if you are reading this.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi TCM,

I am sorry if you have problems to use the workaround. If you follow the instructions carefully they will work.

Have you tried if driver version 10.1.2 from our archive works for you?

Unfortunately only Google can solve this problem. They deliver old libraries from 3Dconnexion which are outdated. Please contact Google to let them know that a solution is needed. Thanks.
alesmuc

Post by alesmuc »

UtaSH wrote:Hi andymat,

I apologize that you have problems to get a valid support from our team. I will investigate and check what went wrong.

Concerning the issue with Google Earth and 3DxWareMac 10.2.2:
We apologize for the problems that you encounter with our newest driver and Google Earth on Mac. The issue is caused by Google who delivers with Google Earth libraries from 3Dconnexion that are outdated. We already contacted Google to correct this but haven’t yet received any response to this. Please make sure you open a report at Google for this issue to make them aware that their users need a fix for this problem.

You can still use one of the previous versions of our driver for Mac with Google Earth. You can find version 10.1.2 on the page with our legacy drivers.

In case you are using Sketchup 2015 you need a newer version than 10.1.2 and this workaround might help you:
  • A workaround for this problem would be to copy the files from the 3Dconnexion library to Google Earth’s library. We can provide instructions to do this, but note that you are doing this on your own responsibility.

In a terminal:
    If you want to copy the file in a terminal this would be the command to do it:

• cp -r /Library/Frameworks/3DconnexionClient.framework /<PATH>/GoogleEarth.app/Contents/Frameworks/
    Note: <PATH> may or may not be “/Applications”; it depends where Google Earth is located on your machine.

With the Finder:
    If you copy the file within the Finder make sure NOT to move the framework out of its location: /Library/Frameworks/.
    Open the GoogleEarth bundle (“Show package contents”) in the finder.
    Copy /Library/Frameworks/3DconnexionClient.framework to /<path>/GoogleEarth.app/Contents/Frameworks/ via drag + drop while holding the Alt-key when dropping.
Wonderfull, is working :D
alesmuc

Post by alesmuc »

Hi, I write this solution for the italian customers:

Mouse 3dConnexion non funziona con Google Earth. Il problema può verificarsi anche dopo l'aggiornamento del driver del muose 3D
Dopo aver aggiornato il driver del mouse 3dConnexion sul mac può essere che questo non funzioni più. La soluzione (almeno su mac, su windows non so) è:
Selezionare il file /Library/Frameworks/3DconnexionClient.framework e copiarlo (Cmd+c oppure click col destro e seleziona “copia”)
Andare tra le applicazioni, click destro su Google Earth e selezionare “mostra contenuto pacchetto”. Entrare nella cartella Contents, poi nella cartella Frameworks e incollare il file precedentemente copiato (Cmd+v oppure click col destro e seleziona “incolla elemento”). Confermare la sovrascrittura al vecchio file e inserire l’eventuale password di amministratore se richiesta.
Fatto, ora riavviate Google Earth e dovrebbe funzionare.
La soluzione l’ho presa da questo post dell’assistenza ufficiale:
https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewt ... 551#p40987
d.schilling

Post by d.schilling »

I use the SpaceNavigator for Google Earth Pro (version 7.1.2.2041). I am running Mac OS 10.10.5 (Yosemite).

I recently upgraded to a newer 3dConnexion driver (3DxWareMac_v10-4-2_r2463). After I installed the upgrade -- even though the 3dConnexion demo programs and Mac 3dConnexion preference pane seemed to work okay -- the SpaceNavigator stopped working completely with Google Earth Pro.

When I researched this problem on the internet, I found this thread. So I uninstalled the 3DConnexion Driver; downloaded and re-installed an older version (3DxWareMac_v10-1-2_r1773).

And the SpaceNavigator works once again with Google Earth, but now the Mac 3dConnexion preference pane is unavailable... showing the message "Preferences Error. Could not load 3DConnexion preferences pane."

What should I do?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi d.schilling,

it may be - for some strange reasons - that the com.3dconnexion.mappings.plist file is messed up.
So please try remove it (you may want to have it backed up before!) from ~/Library/Preferences/. (Please note: Before removal, close the System Preferences and thus the 3Dconnexion prefs.) If you now reopen the 3dconnexion prefs, a new/clean com.3dconnexion.mappings.plist is created.
d.schilling

Post by d.schilling »

Thanks UtaSH. That appears to have worked.