Cadmouse cursor freezes

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

moverend

Cadmouse cursor freezes

Post by moverend »

When using the Cadmouse my cursor will freeze from time to time and then snap back after a second or 2. It's really annoying. I'm sure it's the cadmouse because I also have a wacom tablet that doesn't have the same issues.

Anyone else run into this? Defective mouse or driver?

SpaceMouse Enterprise (firmware v. 4.41)
CadMouse (firmware v. 1.04)
3DxWare 10 version (10.4.4)
3DxWinCore version (17.4.4.13133)

Windows 10 64bit
i7-6800k 3.4ghz
32gb ram
GTX 980Ti (x2)
UtaSH

Re: Cadmouse cursor freezes

Post by UtaSH »

Hello moverend,

can you see a peek in the CPU when cursor freezes? Open the task manager and see if you can see a peek of CPU usage.
moverend

Post by moverend »

Hi,

I did notice a few small spikes. However, if I'm using the pen tablet, and I do something that makes the computer work and there is a pause, I can still see the cursor moving. With the mouse, if this happens, the cursor freezes and when the computer unpauses the mouse snaps back to life but jumps to a new location.

I might be using some vague terms, so I'll clarify. By pausing, I mean I'm executing a boolean operation for example that is CPU intensive. The program pausing is normal, it's just cursor freezing that I'm having issues with (only when using the mouse).

Thanks for the reply!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi moverend,

have you tried another USB port, for example the one where you have the tablet connected? Is the CadMouse connected to a USB 2.0 0r 3.0 port?

Do you have another 2D mouse to verify if the device is the culprit or the software? Unplug the CadMouse and connect another (standard) 2D mouse and see if you still experience the freeze.
moverend

Post by moverend »

I thought it might be an openGL problem using 3dCoat but it was happening everywhere else. It was plugged into the double USB hub that came with the enterprise kit and then into a USB3 port. I plugged the mouse into it's own USB3 port and so far it seems to be working better. I'll keep an eye on it and update the thread if it comes back.
moverend

Post by moverend »

Also, I did try with my wireless mouse and didn't have the same problem.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi moverend,

can you try another mouse on the USB hub? If the USB hub is faulty we will send you a replacement.
moverend

Post by moverend »

It might be the hub. This issue came back with another mouse and I had failed transfers with a usb stick. I wouldn't mind testing out another hub.

Thanks for your help on this!