SpacePilot driver stops working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

drkieffer

SpacePilot driver stops working

Post by drkieffer »

I have an older Space Pilot, on a windows 7, 64bit machine, running driver version 3.16.3. Sometimes when I quit using NX, the SpacePilot screen will continue to show the NX options, and is essentially dead. Driver won't stop or start, or at least gives no indication. I've tried the SpacePilot reboot, button 1 and 2, and plug in and hold for 15, no luck. a computer restart seems to be the only fix.

Thoughts?
-Dave
Siemens NX12 with Windchill
SpaceMouse Pro and CADmouse (and a SpacePilot!)
jwick

Re: SpacePilot driver stops working

Post by jwick »

Hi Dave,

It could be that the driver crashed. You should have a message in the log file. Turn on logging (systray) and email your log file to me the next time it happens. Being 3.16.3, there is nothing I can do about it, but I might be able to tell you what went wrong. Can you upgrade to 3DxWare 10?

Jim
drkieffer

Post by drkieffer »

jwick wrote:Hi Dave,

It could be that the driver crashed. You should have a message in the log file. Turn on logging (systray) and email your log file to me the next time it happens. Being 3.16.3, there is nothing I can do about it, but I might be able to tell you what went wrong. Can you upgrade to 3DxWare 10?

Jim
I could upgrade to 10, but when I went to the drivers download page for that device, it gave me 3.16.3, so I wasn't sure if it would work.
-Dave
jwick

Post by jwick »

The SP still works with the current release. It just has a greyed out picture and a "discontinued" label.
We don't test the discontinued devices. Things might break as time goes on. Last I checked, the SP still worked fine. But it is getting pretty old.
Tell the download page you have a SpaceMouse Enterprise.
drkieffer

Post by drkieffer »

Sweet, it seems to be working!
-Dave
drkieffer

Post by drkieffer »

jwick wrote:The SP still works with the current release. It just has a greyed out picture and a "discontinued" label.
We don't test the discontinued devices. Things might break as time goes on. Last I checked, the SP still worked fine. But it is getting pretty old.
Tell the download page you have a SpaceMouse Enterprise.
@jwick FYI: it looks like the latest driver somewhat breaks the old Space Pilot. My shift, control, etc. keys no longer work. Going to check my archives, and see if I have the older version yet.
-Dave
jwick

Post by jwick »

3DxWare 10.4.10?
It should work. I just tested the modifier keys for a few minutes (Explorer/Jet).

What application? Maybe we messed up a cfg file for a specific application.

Make sure the installation was completely successful. If you don't have the KMJ emulator in the DeviceManager, the modifiers won't work.