Change 3D Nav Control Mode by Button or on Action

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

zbright

Change 3D Nav Control Mode by Button or on Action

Post by zbright »

Hello,

I, like many users, use a SpaceNavigator for modeling and inspecting my models. One key functionality that doesn't seem to be present in the software is the ability to switch between what used to be called "Target Camera Mode" and "Object Mode" in Solidworks. With the newest updates it seems that these terms and "modes" have been deprecated. I would at least like to see a way to "Reverse all axes" again, and have that open to a button press.

My main use case that I'm sure many can relate to is this: large assemblies and motion studies where I want to manipulate the perspective of the viewer in something like Target Camera Mode or rather "xyzruv" and then I want to select a part in the assembly and move it with the Object Mode or the default "XYZRUV" mode.

This seems far more intuitive to me in the way I model and at the very least, if someone knows a good workaround for this, it would be much appreciated.

Best,
zbright
zbright

Re: Change 3D Nav Control Mode by Button or on Action

Post by zbright »

In addition, one thing I forgot to mention: when moving the part in assembly, the "Zoom" axis cannot move the part. Why is this? Shouldn't it default to allow for part motion if it recognizes the ability to move the part? I specify that it is the zoom axis as it is whichever axis is supposed to drive the "zoom" i.e. it could be either y or z that drive the zoom motion but no matter what I try the axis which is normal to the perspective view i.e. in/out of the window cannot be driven.

Is there some setting I'm missing or a way to fix this in the config/scg files?