Virtual Numpad Issue

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Grifter

Virtual Numpad Issue

Post by Grifter »

After my last driver update my virtual Numpad stopped recognizing the decimal point in Sketchup. Actually it works once upon opening then not again. Anyone running in to this problem?
UtaSH

Re: Virtual Numpad Issue

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Grifter,

can you explain what exactly you are doing?
If you use the decimal point and it is not recogized do you see nothing instead or another character like the comma or colon.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I'm still having trouble with the decimal in the virtual number pad. Basically it works once then not again until I close down Sketchup and open it again.
When I tap the decimal nothing happens...no comma or any other character.
elliottandnolan

Post by elliottandnolan »

Found this with a search, I see the OP didn't get an answer which is a shame as I have the same problem.
StephenM

Post by StephenM »

Just upgraded from a space navigator to a space mouse pro, and am trying to adopt the virtual numpad, but it is so glitchy and broken it's impossible to use.
The problem seems to center around the decimal point, but there are other problems too.
I'm using Solidworks Academic 2015-2016.

Example: Edit extrude feature, click in dimension field for extrude distance and it turns blue, ready for numeric entry.
I hit my shortcut button for the virtual numpad, and it pops up.

If I try to enter "1.2345" it goes to "1.00", a hear a notification "ding", and the value of 1.0 is entered.
Basically, if I enter a number, and then the decimal, it exits the entry mode.
Results are sporadic and intermittent.
Even trying to enter ".234" results in ".200" and a "ding".

Note: this problem does not happen when editing or entering dimensions in the graphics area, like sketch dimensions, only when it's in the feature manager on the left of the screen.

Also, the numeric entry field does correctly respond to the enter key shortcut, but the auto hide of the numpad does not, and it remains open on the screen, which is silly.

Please help.