Maya 2016 Extension 2

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

clareswift

Maya 2016 Extension 2

Post by clareswift »

Hi,
My 3D Connexion space navigator does not work with the latest version of Maya (Extension2) Have downloaded the latest drivers - anyone else having issues?
Climberfx

Re: Maya 2016 Extension 2

Post by Climberfx »

Same here. It crashes Maya on Startup. By default, 3dconnexion don't put the plugin on Maya 2016.5 plugin folder, i manage to copy from Maya 2016 Ext 1. But when i enable it, maya crashes.
ryders

Post by ryders »

When I try to install the plugin from within maya I get:

"// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016.5/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 767: Plug-in, "3DxMaya" was compiled against too old a version of the Maya API and is thus incompatible with the current Maya version. (3DxMaya)"

so, yeah. Not working here either.
dseeni

Post by dseeni »

has extension 2 been working with the latest driver, 10.4.2????
Climberfx

Post by Climberfx »

OSX here, later driver for OS X is 10.3.1 still!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi everybody,

I apologize for the trouble. We have heard your request and we are working on the support for Maya 2016 Extension 2. Our next release is already in the testing phase so I am afraid the fix will not make it into this release. But I will make sure the priority is increased on this. ;)
Climberfx

Post by Climberfx »

Thank you for the return Utash!

Will be waiting anxious.

Cheers!
dseeni

Post by dseeni »

hurry please
dseeni

Post by dseeni »

is there an ETA when this is coming out? I use maya for 12-14 hours a day and it is truly a shame that I can not upgrade to Maya extension 2 which has some core modeling fixes due the fact the mouse is not support.

Utah can you please help. This extension has been out for over a month now where are the drivers? :(
ken0y

Post by ken0y »

Any news on a release date for this fix?

K
dseeni

Post by dseeni »

why does 3d connexion hate Maya users? :(

please give us a updated driver...this mouse is awesome it just needs to work its been almost 2 months!!!!!!
michaelk42

Post by michaelk42 »

dseeni wrote:why does 3d connexion hate Maya users? :(

please give us a updated driver...this mouse is awesome it just needs to work its been almost 2 months!!!!!!
Hey, for some reason I'm not allowed to reply to your PM or make a new PM.

I have had a Microsoft Trackball Optical for about 18 years now. You might be able to find a good one used. If not the Logitech M570 is almost as good.
dseeni

Post by dseeni »

thanks Mike, I'll check it out. I have a wacom tablet I seem okay for now with that and the keyboard.
sirpiltrafus

Post by sirpiltrafus »

UtaSH said on may 4th:
"I will make sure the priority is increased on this"

I'm writing this on june 20th and still no support for maya 2016 ext2. I use your expensive hardware for work. Is a very important part of my workflow as I do a lot of camerawork. I like your product a lot. However I have to say that so much delay in offering support for such a mainstream application like Maya completely destroys my confidence in your company. This is clearly terrible customer support. I have two different versions of your controllers. notebook, space pilot. I'll love to get an updated model at some point. But this kind of situations make me doubt if is such a good idea to base my professional work on such an unreliable company.
Please compile the new plugin already. And please, also consider the release of some sort of open source version of your driver for Maya so at least companies can have some assurance that investing in your hardware is a sound option.

Thanks.
Mayauser

Post by Mayauser »

sirpiltrafus wrote:UtaSH said on may 4th:
"I will make sure the priority is increased on this"

I'm writing this on june 20th and still no support for maya 2016 ext2. I use your expensive hardware for work. Is a very important part of my workflow as I do a lot of camerawork. I like your product a lot. However I have to say that so much delay in offering support for such a mainstream application like Maya completely destroys my confidence in your company. This is clearly terrible customer support. I have two different versions of your controllers. notebook, space pilot. I'll love to get an updated model at some point. But this kind of situations make me doubt if is such a good idea to base my professional work on such an unreliable company.
Please compile the new plugin already. And please, also consider the release of some sort of open source version of your driver for Maya so at least companies can have some assurance that investing in your hardware is a sound option.

Thanks.
If there were a way to vote this up, I would vote it up as much as I could.

The sad thing is, I was really excited about their newest product, specifically because it had more buttons that would be useful in Maya, like a dedicated space for the Hotbox. Instead, for two months now, I've found myself using a Razer Orbweaver, because they can't get drivers out. I've been using these products with Maya since the old Spaceball with my SGI, and never seen anything like this before. It really does make me worry about the future viability of these products, if they can't support one of the most common DCC apps on the planet.