SDK Download issue and Maya SDK

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

snolan

SDK Download issue and Maya SDK

Post by snolan »

Hey,
First issue:
Tried to create an account to be able to download the latest SDK and the system would not accept my credentials. Can someone fix that for me?

Second issue:
As a Autodesk User I'm able to get newer versions of Maya such as 2016.5 wondering if the SDK kit has the solution for the Maya plugin for Spacepilot? That way I can compile a new version for newer versions and not rely on release updates from your developers team? If the SDK kit does not have this Maya solution could you guys provide a way for users to get at this data easier like github or somewhere on your site?

Thanks!
UtaSH

Re: SDK Download issue and Maya SDK

Post by UtaSH »

Hello snolan,

with the first issue I hope I can help. I checked your data in our database and corrected an issue. Please try again to login.

With the second issue I am afraid I cannot help. The SDK does not have the sources for the plugin for Maya. You need some patience. Sorry.
snolan

Re: SDK Download issue and Maya SDK

Post by snolan »

Hi,
Thank you for fixing the login issue.

For the second, patience is not a problem. It's just disappointing you guys don't have the source code available to your customers, that's all. If in the unlikely chance the company goes out then the supporting software dies with whatever version of the 3D application it was last compiled on (which has happened to me from other expensive peripherals). I can see the point if the drivers/plugins were packaged with the product but since both the drivers and SDK are freely downloadable then it makes sense to me to have it for developers who can compile it for testing our even enhancing and sharing with the community. I don't mean to be a hard case, but just wanting to make sure my investment is supported and that if needed I can continue it's use even if the company has not (again, I hope not the products are great).

Cheers,
-Sean