Modo and SpaceNavigator on OSX

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

lco1987

Modo and SpaceNavigator on OSX

Post by lco1987 »

Hi,

I bought the SpaceNavigator to improve the speed of navigation when using modelling software, namely Modo. After a few tweaks to the settings, I can intuitively navigate the 3D space with ease.

The problem I have however, is that the SpaceNavigator suddenly stops working... every time. When I say "stops" I mean it doesn't rotate or translate at all. It still works in other apps, but fails to work in Modo. It seems to randomly work and not work for indefinite periods but I literally have no idea what is causing the problem. I read on a couple of other topics that it could be a problem with "3DxVirtualLCD" but there is no information on how to disable this on Mac.

I absolutely love this product and when it works, it works like a dream but having it only work 30% of the time is a major flaw.

Please help!

Liam
UtaSH

Re: Modo and SpaceNavigator on OSX

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Ico1987,

this is the first report that I remember that a SpaceNavigator stops working in one application but not in others. The support for the 3D mouse had been implemented in Modo by Luxology. I am afraid you need to contact their support for help.

Maybe we can find some hints already if you answer the following questions:
  • Open the console app and see if there are any outputs that point to the 3Dconnexion helper or to Modo. If yes please post this information here.
  • Before the 3D mouse stops working what exactly did you do? Did you open any window within Modo? Or was there any special function that you used shortly before this happens?
Where did you read that it could be a problem with "3DxVirtualLCD"? I don't remember any problems with the 3DxVirtualLCD on Mac so far. Thanks for letting me know.