Using El Capitan

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

UtaSH

Re: Using El Capitan

Post by UtaSH »

Hi vmdouglass,

you can uninstall the driver that you have now. Run the Uninstaller from the Driver package with a restart upon completion.

Then go to our page with the legacy drivers and download 3DxWareMac 10.2.2.
mcolinp

Post by mcolinp »

I just downloaded the latest driver: (10.2.5) It does not recognize the device wirelessly for more than a millisecond then it disappears.

I tried uninstalling; removing the existing preferences, restart and then reinstalled: it still does not work at all.
mcolinp

Post by mcolinp »

Just to confirm from my previous post:

I am running OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.2

I am running this on a Late 2013 Macbook Pro with Retina Display.
squid1911

Re: Using El Capitan Installing CD

Post by squid1911 »

Don't use the CD that is provided. Download the drivers.
squid1911

Re: Using El Capitan Google Earth Pro

Post by squid1911 »

Need help w/ getting Space Mouse and Google earth Pro to work. Support provided the following

The issue is caused by Google delivering outdated 3Dconnexion libraries with Google Earth. We have already asked Google to correct this but the issue hasn't been solved yet. Please make sure to file a report with Google regarding this issue to make Google aware that its users need a fix for this problem.

A workaround for the problem would be to copy the files from the 3Dconnexion library to Google Earth’s library. We can provide instructions to do this, but note that you are doing this on your own responsibility.
In a terminal:
If you want to copy the file in a terminal this would be the command to do it:
cp -r /Library/Frameworks/3DconnexionClient.framework //GoogleEarth.app/Contents/Frameworks/
Note: may or may not be “/Applications”; it depends where Google Earth is located on your machine.

With the Finder:
If you copy the file within the Finder make sure NOT to move the framework out of its location: /Library/Frameworks/.
Open the GoogleEarth bundle (“Show package contents”) in the finder.
Copy /Library/Frameworks/3DconnexionClient.framework to //GoogleEarth.app/Contents/Frameworks/ via drag

Not familiar on how to find the file in finder. Did a search for : Library/Frameworks/3DconnexionClient.framework and was unable to located.

Any help for dummies.... :D
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi squid1911,

I have answered you question here.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

mcolinp wrote:I just downloaded the latest driver: (10.2.5) It does not recognize the device wirelessly for more than a millisecond then it disappears.

I tried uninstalling; removing the existing preferences, restart and then reinstalled: it still does not work at all.
Hi mcolinp,

please verify if the receiver is detected by the OS:
  • Go to "About This Mac".
  • Open the "System Report".
  • In the left column open "Hardware" and select "USB". Is the receiver listed in the "USB Device Tree"?
It might be that the device and the receiver need to be paired again. Please go to the Pairing page where you can find instructions and the tool to pair them.

Let me know what you find out.