Space Navigator and Catia v5r16 sketcher workbench

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

torniaccio

Post by torniaccio »

Hi Hi everybody, I’m new in this forum, and first of all please forgive my English!

I have some problem when in the sketcher workbench, wherever I use it, my Space Navigator doesn’t allow me to spin roll or tilt. I’ve phone to the customer care service but still now, I’ve not receive any answer about it.

I want to highlight that when I’m in it, the control panel show all the options (about the spin roll tilt function) checked.

Could u help me guys?
James Meyette

Post by James Meyette »

I've not been able to get the SpaceNavigator to work with CATIA V5 R17 at all. :?: :?: :?:
James Meyette
Mastercam X2 Programmer
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi torniaccio

I couldn't reproduce exactly your issue, because I haven't V5R16. Normally you can open the driver GUI and set-up your preferences while Catia runs. If you will open the plug-in, the same preferences will be set up, because they are (I mean the settings) synchronized.

Did you done an upgrade of 3DxSoftware in the last time? In that case it could be that the settings of an older installation affect your current settings. It would be adviseable in such cases to remove completely the 3DxSoftware as described in this post. Finally install 3DxSoftware again. Please post your findings in order to share your experience.

If you still have problems post again: I will help you.
agoenczi
agoenczi
User
User

SpaceNavigator with CATIA V5 R17

Post by agoenczi »

Hi James Meyette

Did you install Catia and afterwards 3DxSoftware? 3DxSoftware has to detect the application (-s) already installed.

Did you install 3DxSoftware as an administrator?
agoenczi
ngomes

Re: Space Navigator and Catia v5r16 sketcher workbench

Post by ngomes »

Hi torniaccio,[quote]I have some problem when in the sketcher workbench, wherever I use it, my Space Navigator doesn
Nuno Gomes
torniaccio

Post by torniaccio »

Thank u ngomes and thank u guys for your precious help.
About the customer care service, I don’t mind about it. The answer is already comes.