Maya 8.0 and 8.5 beta plug-ins

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on UNIX and Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

znissan
User
User

Maya 8.0 and 8.5 beta plug-ins

Post by znissan »

Please visit the 3Dconnexion website to download beta plug-ins for these versions of Maya on Linux. Feedback is requested and welcomed.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
ifog

Feedback

Post by ifog »

Hello ,
Spacepilot , Slackware 11 and Maya 8.0 .
It seems to work fine :D (after I found the Options Panel and especially the "Enable Object Movement" option) .
I can now start to use (and learn) this Spacepilot .
I will test it on a RHEL 4 later .

Thanks a lot .
Cordialement / Best Regards
Sapro

Maya 8.5 plugin for x64 linux...

Post by Sapro »

Would it be at all possible to get an RPM for 64 bit flavors of Maya. I seem to be having issues with the existing plug-in.

// Error: line 1: /usr/autodesk/maya8.5/bin/plug-ins/lib3dxmaya8_5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (lib3dxmaya8_5)

And the only thing that I can think of is that I am using a 64 bit cut of Maya and the rpm name suggests this is for a 32 bit flavor and as far as I know 32bit plug-ins don't make the transition so well with out a recompile.

Or is there a place where I can get the source and compile it myself?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Sapro,

we are working on a version of the Maya plugin for 64bit and will post here if we have one for you.

Uta
3Dconnexion
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

We built a version of the Maya plugin for 64bit Linux. A version for Maya 8.0 and 8.5 is available. If you are interested please send me your email address in a private message and add the information which version of Maya you are using.

Uta Ludwig
3Dconnexion