Support for Onshape

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

bradcollinsbjc

Support for Onshape

Post by bradcollinsbjc »

Hello,

Please add support for Onshape! Specifically, via Google Chrome. My 3D Mouse currently recognizes Onshape for the first few seconds of opening but after that it looses all communication and only acknowledges that I'm in Chrome. Currently using Solidworks but we're making the switch to Onshape for our next project and I need my 3D mouse!

Cheers,
Brad
pstpierre

Re: Support for Onshape

Post by pstpierre »

Hi Brad,

3Dconnexion has launched support of Onshape on the Windows Platform with the release of 3DxWare 10.2.8, which can be downloaded from our site here: http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/drivers.html

Here are the system requirements:

3Dx software: v. 10.2.8 of 3DxWare 10 with "3Dconnexion Navigation Library Server" installed.
Web browser: Google Chrome 42(or newer), Mozilla Firefox 39 (or newer).
Note: MSIE is not supported.

Is your system up to date with the latest 3DxWare 10.2.8 software as well as the latest version of Google Chome?
michaelprichard

Post by michaelprichard »

Just like to echo the request for a Mac driver in any browser; presumably Chrome and Firefox like Windows although Safari would be great too. One of OnShape's most promising benefits is the ability to do real high end CAD work on a Mac without running a Windows VM. For those SpaceNavigator junkies among us, though, it just isn't the same without 3DConnexion.... pretty please?
SpectreGadget

Post by SpectreGadget »

michaelprichard wrote:Just like to echo the request for a Mac driver in any browser; presumably Chrome and Firefox like Windows although Safari would be great too. One of OnShape's most promising benefits is the ability to do real high end CAD work on a Mac without running a Windows VM. For those SpaceNavigator junkies among us, though, it just isn't the same without 3DConnexion.... pretty please?
Just keeping the request alive!
fredrikfalkman

Post by fredrikfalkman »

I'd like to ad my voice to the Onshape for Mac choire. As long as there is no 3DConnexion support I don't think I can seriously consider full time Onshape adoption.

Please!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

we've heard you and we are working on it. :)