SpaceNavigator not working with Lightwave 2015

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Humpti

SpaceNavigator not working with Lightwave 2015

Post by Humpti »

Hi,

it's very unfortunate that the Spacenavigator doesn't work with Lightwave 2015 on a mac. Funny thing is, that it works with Blender, Rhino and some 2D programs, too, all but LW 2015. I'm on Yosemite, but as I said, it's only LW 2015.

I emailed the support from LW and this is what they said.:
Check your drivers:

For those using 3Dconnexion OS X drivers: Version 10.2.0 (r1807) works with LightWave. Version 10.2.2 (r1925) does not work with LightWave. Reason unknown.

and 10.2.1 works as well - we're working with them on this issue.

Thank you for your report.
--
LightWave 3D Group Support
Well, ok, I would like to test the older driver, but where can I download it?? Even better, when will a new working driver appear?

This is strictly a Mac problem, since the SN works fine on my dualboot windows 7/64 pro with Lightwave 2015.

So ... help please :)

Best regards
Humpti

Re: SpaceNavigator not working with Lightwave 2015

Post by Humpti »

Wow! Great support here! The Lightwave support told me to ask here for the 10.2.1 driver and the support here is ... dead quit. Wow! Seems I should have checked the forum activity before buying the Spacenavigator ;(
UtaSH

Re: SpaceNavigator not working with Lightwave 2015

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Humpti,

the problem with Lightwave is not caused by our driver, but by their implementation of the support for the 3D mouse. Yes, a developer from Lightwave is in contact with our development team. But the date when they add the fix to their software is up to them.

You can try 3DxWareMac 10.1.2 in the meantime which you can find in our driver archive. Let me know if this version works for you.