SCG Profile Converter

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

EricM81

SCG Profile Converter

Post by EricM81 »

Hi, I've got a couple spacepilot pro's and recommend them all the time on my Youtube channel for Rhino tutorials. I just updated the drivers so I could support a new program and...where are my profiles? I've spent years tweaking them to my taste and utilize all the goodness of the programmable buttons and now they are gone. I see that the scg files have been replaced by an XML format, but cannot find a way to convert them. Please tell me I am missing something.
EricM81

Re: SCG Profile Converter

Post by EricM81 »

I must say that the silence and lack of converter has made me a lot less enthusiastic about the 3dconnexion brand. The first question someone asks in my Rhino tutorials is "how do you move like that?" and I always tell them about my love for my space mouse.

Instead of working yesterday, I changed all my macros over to autohotkeys so this never happens again. I prefer up/down to be my zoom and reverse the default directions, but the global default is gone so I have to tune each app independently which is a PITA.

Also, with the new drivers I get way too much tilt when I am spinning and vice versa. It's impossible to spin a model without tilting it at the same time. Dominant would be a nice, if it wasn't so harsh of a filter to be usable. If it just ignored incidental movements while allowing major it would be alright.