CadMouse Middle and Left Button

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Chrome

CadMouse Middle and Left Button

Post by Chrome »

Hi guys. Is it possible to re assign the middle button as left button on the CadMouse?

The reason is that being the left button so far from the center, forces the user ( who probably, like me ) is used to click the left button with the middle finger to grab the mouse incorrectly , leaving the ring finger out of the body of the mouse in a really uncomfortable position.
UtaSH

Re: CadMouse Middle and Left Button

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Chrome,

no, it is not possible to change the functions of the standard buttons of the mouse. But you will get used to take the middle finger for the middle mouse button and the ring finger for the right mouse button if you just try it for a while. Believe me - I had the same problem first and now can't work with mice that only have two buttons. :-)
Chrome

Post by Chrome »

I understand. I´m trying to get used to it. I think though that the option to remap or reassign buttons should be there, given that there is an "extra" middle button (I know the wheel is re-assignable) and that the true power of the CadMouse relies heavily on the driver. The mouse should adapt to the user needs not the other way around. Don´t you think? I mean , we are talking about an expensive mouse supposedly developed for Professional users.

Don´t get me wrong I´m in love with my 3D Connexion devices and the driver is mostly very useful, but this really puzzles me. There are cheaper mice that come with drivers that allows remapping every button, heck there are even free options to remap the buttons.

http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/xmou ... ontrol.htm

But wouldn´t it be silly to have to install another software just to be able to remap the buttons of an 100 dolars "Professional" mouse ?
Chrome

Re: CadMouse Middle and RIGHT Button

Post by Chrome »

Sorry, now I realize that I wrote Left Button all the time when I really meant the RIGHT button.
stumpek

Post by stumpek »

I too wish the center button could be assigned to be the same as the left mouse button. In fact it seems that it can be for "desktop" environment, but not for CAD work :(

Trying to re-train my hand, but it seems very comfortable to have my index finger resting on the center button, resting on the right side of the wheel, never using the native left button at all.