SketchUp 2015 drivers

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

cjprescott

SketchUp 2015 drivers

Post by cjprescott »

At what date will SketchUp 2015 drivers be available for SpaceNavigator?

Thank you
UtaSH

Re: SketchUp 2015 drivers

Post by UtaSH »

See here.
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Hi,

We are in the final testing phase and try to make the plug-in available ASAP for you.

However, some issues found during testing have pushed us back a little bit (I am talking about a few days – hopefully this week, not several weeks or months). In the meantime, whilst not ideal, you may want to consider re-installing SketchUp 2014 just until we can provide you with the new plug-in. We do apologize for the delay and fully understand your frustrations. Please be assured we are working as fast as possible to get you all back up and running with your 3D mice in SketchUp 2015.

In the meantime in case you want to receive a notification when the new driver is available please enter your email address here:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MX9RLL8

Best
Robert
Robert Stadie
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

We are pleased to confirm the driver (version 10.2.0) has now been released and is available on our driver download page:

http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/drivers.html

For detailed information on the new release please refer to the “Release Notes” available on that same page.

Best
Robert
Robert Stadie
cgarch

Post by cgarch »

Thanks Robert. Drivers installed and sketchup is back to normal - thanks much for your efforts!

Craig
tiltupman

Post by tiltupman »

http://youtu.be/BiS9SP4ODFc

A video of a work around for lag in bigger models. I was testing this and found that some things work well and somethings not so much in the new driver set. The over all performance is good, but a bit of refinement might be in order.
cjprescott

Post by cjprescott »

Thanks so much!!! for the new drivers
moatdd

Post by moatdd »

Any luck in having a driver that works with Sketchup Make?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello moatdd,

our current drivers support Sketchup Make. Note that it is important that the driver is installed _after_ you installed Sketchup. Or you should do at least a repair installation after you installed Sketchup. :)
polymorph

Post by polymorph »

I have Sketchup Make 2015, latest version. My Spacemouse Pro was working in earlier versions of Sketchup. Windows 8.1 64 bit, 64 bit version of Sketchup 2015 Make.

I found the place in the 3DConnexion control panel to check for updates. It updated, but there were no Sketchup files in the 64 bit folder. So I uninstalled the 3DConnexion software and reinstalled the new driver.

It now has a folder for Sketchup in the 64 bit program files folder, but Sketchup 2015 still doesn't see it when I try to install it. Sketchup is looking for an .rbz extension, and the only file in there that is close is .rb and I'm hesitant to alter it.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi polymorph,

which driver version is installed?

If you go in SketchUp to Window -> Preferences and in the "System Preferences" windows click on "3DxSketchUp". Which version does it show?
fastplans

Post by fastplans »

1. I just downloaded the new driver 10.2.3, when I click on the 3dx icon for sketchup and then about it says 10.2.3. when i click on preferences in SU it shows 4.1.0. I am not sure that it is using the correct driver.

2. when I try to use 3dx in SU Layout, nothing happens. I get a menu for Layout and I can click and adjust the settings but no response from the 3d mouse.

thanks,
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi fastplans,

as far as I know the 3D mouse is not supported in Sketchup's extension LayOut. Can you navigate in the standard mode (not Layout)?
dh404ladan

Post by dh404ladan »

I just downloaded the latest drivers (10.2.3) for Sketchup 2015, they seem to work great. Thank you.

The problem is, the space navigator does not work at all with Layout. 3DConnexion seems to have a misunderstanding when it comes to this program.

Layout is not an "extension" of Sketchup...

Layout is a vital partner program used for creating construction documents. Sketchup and Layout are each other's right and left hands. For the space navigator and its'
software to support one but not the other, is a serious oversight on the part of your developers. At a minimum we Layout users (i.e. Almost EVERY Sketchup user) need Pan/Zoom Functionality.
Being forced to use my mouse's scroll wheel to zoom in and out is driving me crazy.

Please look into this. I have been a long time user, and purchased my Space Navigator solely to use with Sketchup.

Your failure to give us any functionality within Layout is unforgivable.

Please give us another update.

Thanks
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi dh404ladan,

I have forwarded your request. We are tracking this internally with bug #6882.