After rotating or moving my part keeps moving

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

cncmike

After rotating or moving my part keeps moving

Post by cncmike »

Hello everyone!

I am sure this answer is somewhere on the Forum but I did a search and could not find what I am looking for.

when I rotate or move my part on the screen with my SpacePilot.

I have only been using this for a little while and cannot seem to get it to stop after i let off of the puck.

I'm sure this is a easy question for most of you.

Thanks for any help you can provide me with
cncmike

Re: After rotating or moving my part keeps moving

Post by cncmike »

sorry guys i think i have figured it out. i adjusted the Threshold and seems to be helping alot
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello cncmike -

You can also use Calibrate in 3Dconnexion Properties. If the Space Pilot is not correctly calibrated, the small stream of data sent to an application it tries to return to center can cause unwanted movement or drifting onscreen.

When you press Calibrate, make sure your Space Pilot is on a flat surface and nothing is touching the cap. You will not see an on-screen confirmation that the process has taken place, but it does re-zero the sensors.
--------
Barbara
barryblue

Post by barryblue »

Fantastic Barabara,

I had been having similar difficulties, and was going to start a post to ask you all for help but don't need to now - your answer really helped.

Many thanks,

Barry
Harley

Post by Harley »

I've been using space pilots for 7 years, I have this problem now with the reinstall of my computer this week.
What happens is there is some sort of 'dalay' after moving an object on screen, and occasionly it keeps going.

I've updated graphics drivers, tried various 3d connexion drivers, program settings, different usb ports on the computer
(most of which are usb 3.0) and calibrating the space pilot too.
Nothing seems to help.

Anyone come across this problem?

Thanks.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Dear Harley,

What application are you using?
What Operating System?
Which release of 3DxSoftware do you have installed?
It could be your graphics or you may just be in need of a new device.
Can you borrow a second device to test with?

Sincerely,
Bryan
The more things change, the more they remain the same. ; ^ )
juhor

Post by juhor »

I have the same problem. Calibrating didn't fix it (tried two times now). Same issue both at work and home. The problem started when I installed the version 10 driver.
It's annoying, as I can't select anything as the camera is in motion. So I have to occasionally nudge the 3d mouse before I can continue working.

At work I have a SpaceMouse Pro (~a year old) and at home I have the SpaceNavigator (~3 years old). Win7 x64 on both computers and the software I use is Softimage 2013 SP1. I don't have any more 3d mice to test with, but as this is happening to me with two different mice and on two different computers, and with both it started when I installed the version 10 drivers, it's my main suspect. I'll try rolling back to older drivers and see if that helps.
Gerner

Post by Gerner »

I have the same problem, after installing ver 10 driver.
I use Creo 2 CAd software, and now it do not rotate and zoom smooth, and when I release the puck it continue to move around in small notches for 3 to 5 sec so to rotate to a exact position are next to impossible. I use windows 8 64bit and SpeceExplorer.

the sensetibility are also wery higt and the adjustment not easy to get right, I have tried to calibrate, and all ver of the the driver after 10.0 its the same problem, this make the SpaceExplorer almost useless for me and 5 other college's here with the same problem.

I hope someone out there can help us with a solution so we can get it to work just as fine as before driver ver. 10 driver, I have tried to reinstall the latest driver before 10, but then it do not work anymore, no movement,, dead.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Check if removing the existing user-specific configurations solves the problem. See here how to do that.

Let me know if you still have problems.
juhor

Post by juhor »

UtaSH wrote:Check if removing the existing user-specific configurations solves the problem. See here how to do that.

Seems to have helped for me. Thanks a lot!
soudekerk

Post by soudekerk »

I did the stop the driver and put the .bak in the folders, I even restarted my computer and the screen started moving again without anything touching my spacepilot. I am running NX 7.5 and this is becoming a real pain when you are trying to select something and the screen keeps moving. Please help!!
juhor

Post by juhor »

juhor wrote:
UtaSH wrote:Check if removing the existing user-specific configurations solves the problem. See here how to do that.

Seems to have helped for me. Thanks a lot!
Nope, the problem seems to have returned. I think it might have returned after tweaking the settings (increased overall speed, decreased rotation speed), but restoring defaults doesn't seem to help.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello juhor -

When a model keeps moving after you stop touching the device it means the device is no longer correctly calibrated.

There are 2 possible kinds of mis-calibration - software and hardware. The steps above address the software kind. If the problem clears up when the profiles are cleared, a corrupted profile would be the cause. Restoring defaults will not accomplish the same thing - that changes values within the profile instead of removing the profile.

A calibration issue with a hardware source could be a warranty issue. Please contact our technical support to check whether your device is still within its hardware warranty period.
_______
Barbara
FullHPetroL

Post by FullHPetroL »

I have the same issue with spacepilot pro. The viewport camera continue twist rotation after the movement has been made. I tried to calibrate it many times, but if the unwanted movement goes to the right, after the calibration it goes to the left and vice versa. The 3D connexion trainer does show some "Spin" in idle position but the kettle outthere is in stationary position.
So are there any "non movement" or "dead zone" adjustment for the spacepilot pro?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi FullHPetroL,

you can try this:
set a global Deadband in the %appdata%\3dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg\Global_User.xml.
It is used for all devices. The range is the input range of the device, ~350.

e.g.

Code: Select all

<Settings>
…
   <Deadband>150</Deadband>
</Settings>
[/i]

Otherwise contact TechnicalSupport.