Teamcenter Visulization Mockup 10.1 no rotations

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

dauber65

Teamcenter Visulization Mockup 10.1 no rotations

Post by dauber65 »

Guys, I use a 3D connexion mouse for my design. I use Creo and Vis Mockup about 50/50.
I had my 3D mouse working great for both applications untill Christmas break. Then one day over break at home, I could not get any rotations in Vis View. I thought I had broken the 3D mouse so I opened Creo. It rotated with no issues at all. So I thought I had accidentally turned off rotations in Vis. Nope. I uninstalled my config and made new ones, rotations turned on.
Creo everything works great. In Vis everything works put tilt/spin/roll. I have that box checked in the config file for Mockup. The 3D mouse displays that is the application that is running. I have tried it dozens of times. Double checked rotations are on the mouse itself. Just will not work. What have I done to make this function stop working in Mockup when it works great in Creo? Is there an option in Mockup itself it ignore these inputs?
dauber65

Re: Teamcenter Visulization Mockup 10.1 no rotations

Post by dauber65 »

I still can not get this figured out. Ideas?
dauber65

Post by dauber65 »

Did I just get a philosophy response?
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello dauber65 -

Occasionally an issue like this can be caused by a corrupted profile. If you are still seeing a problem with Vis Mockup tilt/spin/roll, you can return 3DxWare to its default settings with the steps here to clear the profiles.
_______
Barbara
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello dauber65,

it might be that you switched off the rotations within VisMockup unintentionally. Some applications have internal settings for the buttons of the 3D mouse. Try to reset your settings for your application. Maybe you find a folder in your %APPDATA% that has all the settings fir VisMockup and you can move this folder to another place. Then restart the application and see if you still have no rotations.
mustafa10

Post by mustafa10 »

I have the exact same problem except I am using Catia v5 and Teamcenter Visualization Mockup. It is working flawless on CATIA. But in VisMockup rotations (in all 3 axis) are not working. I already tried both suggested solutions but none worked so far. Thank you in advance for your time.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi mustafa10,

for Teamcenter the option is in the installation - you need enable "VR Device support". If it was not enabled in the original installation, the installer would need to be run again with the application closed to select "VR Device support".
Attachments
Teamcenter_VRDevice.jpg
Teamcenter_VRDevice.jpg (133.39 KiB) Viewed 11276 times